Lee2410
Level 1: Cadet

Throttling?

Evening guys,

Been back and forth with NBN team for past few days as one of my streaking services what’s suddenly stopped working. Still no joy. Escalated to level 2 team now apparently. 

In the meantime, I’ve logged into my Telstra modem, diagnostics, activity log and discovered the following:

cwmpd[11030]
cwmpd[11030]
cwmpd[11030]
cwmpd{11030]
cwmpd[11030]
cwmpd{11030]
CONNECTION REQUEST: Authentication disabled. Connection Request Allowed
CONNECTION REQUEST: Connection Request NOT handled.
CONNECTION REQUEST: Process Valid Connection Request: -1
CONNECTION REQUEST: Blocked by throttling mechanism
CONNECTION REQUEST: Authentication disabled. Connection Request Allowed
CONNECTION REQUEST: Connection Request NOT handled.

Notice the “blocked by throttling mechanism”. Am I right in saying that the writing is on the wall with this one and Telstra is restricting my service. The only reason I ask is because I want to save myself the time of spending hours on the phone/chat and shift to an ISP that wont throttle a 100% legal streaming service. It’s been working perfect for the last 12 months!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Throttling?

I've never seen that sort of message before. Odd that it says blocked by throttling mechanism, as a throttling mechanism shouldn't block a connection, it should only limit the speed of the data flow.

I'm wondering if you have Telstra Broadband Protect operating on your service, that might be seen as a "throttling mechanism" by the firmware.

@cf4 any thoughts?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cf4

Re: Throttling?

I have never seen that before. What streaming service is it?

In case it is Telstra broadbsnd protect blocking the service you could change both IPv4 and IPv6 DNS in the modem (Advanced > Local Netework), this will bypass Telstra Broadband protect. After changing DNS disconnect and reconnect device.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit