ScottM3
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Time for a symmetric cable service

Hi,

Ok - with a huge shift to working from home - surely now is the time for Telstra to finally get serious about a decent symmetric broadband offering for consumers (Ie high speed up and down) - something beyond just the token high speed cable with “speed boost” ?

This has been a gap for a long time compared to offerings in many other countries.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Time for a symmetric cable service

That would be up to NBN Co to offer to RSPs (like Telstra). NBN Co current only offer symmetric services on Business Grade (Enterprise) connections, not consumer grade services.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ScottM3
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Very central planning sounding - my point would be I if Telstra are asking for it ?   Or what the consumer customer demand may be.......  I am guessing that no one is even thinking about it.......

Plenty of offering in other markets......

Jupiter

Telstra probably don't see much demand for it. Very few customers would be taking full advantage of their current upload speeds anyway.

NBN Co has also tailored their consumer network in favour of Download speeds. If they offered symmetrical speeds then Download speeds would need to be reduced in order to cater for it (which would annoy more people than it would benefit as most consumers require Download bandwidth for streaming and do very little uploading).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit