Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
darrennotley
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Tophat ADSL2+ Rollout Status & FAQs

Hi Gareth,

I note that the RIM for MLONCA30 in Melton VIC had a Tophat cabinet installed about 2 weeks ago.

However, the latest rollout schedule does not mention that work has started/any estimated completion date.

Are you able to shed some light on this?

tram
Level 2: Rookie

I have been waiting for an upgrade to adsl2 in our area of Wodonga VIC since we moved in about three years ago. Others have been waiting longer. Is there any chance you could give me an update on when this might happen or if there is anything we can do to speed up the process. Appreciate any help you can give. Thanks

Diessence

Hopefully someone here can put my question to rest since I cant seem to get a sensible answer out of someone at Bigpond.

I am currently on a 'ADSL2+ plan' but I am connected to a RIM (POKOCA8) which only supported ADSL1.  When I had the line connected I am nearly 100% sure the person I spoke to said that because I couldnt get ADSL2+ they would just enable the line to support ADSL1 and if the exchange/RIM was ever upgraded then I could ring up to enable the ADSL2+ speeds.  My connection is definately only ADSL1 (384 / 8160 kbps).  The tophat xls did show my RIM as scheduled for a tophat for the end of Feb, but then it was deleted from the xls for some reason, but I did see the installers out there on Friday (16th Mar) doing the install of the tophat.

So my quesiton is do I need to contact Bigpond to enable the ADSL2+ speeds on my line(and if so what number is the best to ring) or do I just wait for the tophat to be 'enabled' and my connection should change by itself.

FYI: I am only 1.7kms from the RIM

dirk808

I live in Lyndhurst Vic 3975 and about 2 months ago had ADSL1 Available, so got it, but due to a rim being there are unable to get ADSL2..... ADSL1 is hopeless especially when you try and have 3-4 pc's going through the wifi modem... or Downloads are slow...

Any chance on finding out when or if ADSL 2 will be available -LYNH-CA13-LYNH-DA78, its apparently has a QLYNHE6S5 DLSAM and is going to upgrade to a QLYNHE4007M, will this bring ADSL2 with it or Not ??

Funny that my Neighbour has ADSL 2 and I have ADSL1..

Gareth
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Diessence wrote:

So my quesiton is do I need to contact Bigpond to enable the ADSL2+ speeds on my line(and if so what number is the best to ring) or do I just wait for the tophat to be 'enabled' and my connection should change by itself.

FYI: I am only 1.7kms from the RIM

Once the service is live, it will be placed back on the tophat.xls sheet in your instance.

Within my account the ability to request a speed upgrade will open up. If you are bundle customer, you will need to submit a plan change (by calling us).

https://bigpond.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21257/

Diessence

@Gareth wrote:

Once the service is live, it will be placed back on the tophat.xls sheet in your instance.

Within my account the ability to request a speed upgrade will open up. If you are bundle customer, you will need to submit a plan change (by calling us).

https://bigpond.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21257/

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the reply.  I dont beleive I am in a "bundle" package, but I am not sure how I check.  I am currently on the "BigPond Elite Liberty* (50GB) - ADSL 2+" plan and my home phone and ADSL are on the same bill but are seperate items.

Would you say then that once the service is 'live' that I should automatically see the speed change?

Gareth
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Diessence wrote:
Would you say then that once the service is 'live' that I should automatically see the speed change?

No, you may see some improvements in throughput on the same speed profile, but you will have to manually change your plan by calling 13 POND in order to trigger your account to be given the ADSL2+ profile.

Wait until you know the tophat is live, then it should be a simple matter with no field work required. Requests to change to ADSL2+ will fail until the tophat is confirmed as live.

Regards

Diessence

@Gareth wrote:

No, you may see some improvements in throughput on the same speed profile, but you will have to manually change your plan by calling 13 POND in order to trigger your account to be given the ADSL2+ profile.

Wait until you know the tophat is live, then it should be a simple matter with no field work required. Requests to change to ADSL2+ will fail until the tophat is confirmed as live.

Regards

Thanks Gareth, when I ring 13POND what department do I want and if I say "ADSL2+ profile" should they know what I am talking about.  The couple of times I rang last week (before your replies) to find out about upgrading the "line" to ADSL2+ noone knew what the "tophat upgrade" was and they were telling me that I was already on a ADSL2+ plan.  When I finally did get through to activations all they could suggest was that I disconnect my current service and reapply for a new ADSL2+ connection, which I told them I was not going to do.

Also, I think it must be active now as my download speeds seems to have increased slightly, before I would download at an average of 650-750kps in the middle of the night, now I seem to be getting 850kps pretty constantly, but I am still syncing at 8160/384.  Once I see it as active on the list I will give them a call.

Pete15
Level 4: Private Eye

So I drove past my road side cabinet today and noticed that the 'top hat' has been installed. Last time I checked the spreadsheet my cabinet didn't even have a proposed service date. Had a look when I got home and it still doesn't. Anyone know what this means? Exchange is WBRK CA6

Thanks

Pete

mrbatych

I have lived on the East side of Jandakot near the Glen Iris Golf Course for the past 4 years, I've been told we are on a sub-exchange as the Kwinana Fwy is between us and the main JKOT exchange on the West side of Jandakot.

My street is serviced by DA016, we currently have 8mbit ADSL1 but congestion has increased considerably over the past year to the point were we are lucky to scrape 1mbit during peak hours and general web browsing is sluggish. I'm not sure if the area surrounding the golf course further North, serviced by DA045 is already ADSL2+ enabled or not as it's not losted on access-broadband-adslex03.xls or access-broadband-minimux.xls.

I noticed DA049, DA050 are scheduled for TopHat upgrades (33 ADS1 ports free). And interestingly DA020, DA029 are showing 265 ADSL2+ ports free, have they already received TopHats or are they connected differently to the JKOT exchange? Both these areas are much further east and south of the JKOT exchange than DA016 is. Both areas are zoned light industrial/commercial, not residential.

When I questioned various ISPs on the topic I was usually told "Sorry mate, it's Telstra, best wait for the NBN". Well the NBN plan just came out and our area isn't included in the 3 year plan, so Telstra, how bout that TopHat? Or even some kind of backhaul upgrade?

I fear that drawing attention to this issue might result in a 3Mbit cap, killing my offpeak speed as well rather than the problem being addressed, I hope this is not the case.

Gareth
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The rollout details are not yet fully disclosed/determined for tophat.

It's a bit of waiting game in your case.

The method of site selection though is very dry and a formula of local population and available ports.
dazznat

HI

Just wondering what the likely install date of a top hat on Redbank Plains exchange DA 56 in Augustine Heights. Brand new estate, no ports available whatsoever and no NBN on the 3 year horizon. Surely we must be getting to the top of the list by now, what else can be against us? Plenty of top hats rolled out so far have been to DAs with available ports already.

Bushshak

Hi,

I am hopefully one of the lucky one about to get access to ADSL (whatever flavor) after being provented from access till now due to pair gain system. I am on Cashmere (CASM) exchange and connected to DA007 which shows on top hat register as April 12 upgrade. Is there any way of ensuring that I will have an oportunity to get priority access to ADSL before anyone can upgrade? we are also in a wireless black spot although over the years things have improved slowly.

I drive passed the DA every day so hopefully will be able to tell when the upgrade is happening.

How long does the upgrade take and how long after will access be available?

Rileyrally

Hi Gareth

I recently applied for ADSL in Jerrabomberra. As I saw a technician working on the RIM (QNBN-CA95.). He said there was ports available, but yesterday I was told no ports where available after putting a application in,

Since applying for ADSL, the RIM (QNBN-CA95.) has been upgraded to top hat.

I was wondering will this free up ports?

When will the upgrade be commissioned or how long does it take?

Everytime I see some working on it I ask the question. Yesterday the technician said his test was 20 Mbits from the exchange.

The RIM is 10 metres from my home,.

QNBN-CA95.

Thanks

Darren

Gareth
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I may have already answered this in WP. But basically the source of truth is the tophat.xls sheet. Your site is not yet live. As such the order will fail. Sometimes people who are working in discrete functions don't have an appreciation of end to end steps that are required in order to fully commission.

Regards
Rileyrally

So roughly what is the time frame?

Does it open up new ports, at present no ports are available

quiggs

Well my area Lancefield (DA 500) was finished with the tophat upgrade in March, but my Rim has missed out.The rim 3km down the road got upgraded.

Gareth is there anyway we can get telstra to upgrade our rim in our street, all any of us can get is satallite which is over priced rubbish (we are in a black spot for all mobile network providers) or dial-up (waste of time and too slow). There is no plan for NBN fibre in our area. some help or suggestions would be fantastic.

Rileyrally

I was wondering how often is the Top hat spreadsheet is published.

Just want to see if my RIM been commissioned

waterflyer

Hi

Can Telstra engineer or expert people here confirm it is the tophat in the pic I attached?

I checked in the excel file, it says rollout in April 2012, not sure when it will completed? I saw a Telstra van and a Alcatel Lucent Van stopped by at the box and did something.

IMG_1624.jpg

ivmichael

"The method of site selection though is very dry and a formula of local population and available ports"

Hi Gareth,

I can't even find a mention of our exchange on the tophat list never mind my box Smiley Sad (BHMT-DA002)

Every port is full on every box, we just got Beechmont congestion listed and everything is shaped (so bad it's worse than dial-up when the kids get home, no joke) and wer'e going to be 'migrated' by the end of August (not sure what that means).

Will there be a full list/timetable available for Tophat upgrades at some stage or will it always be 'work in progress' ?

Cheers

MrMorden

Hi Gareth,

As per your whim on whirlpool these are the best details I have

the service address is 

Removed personal information

I have been told that we are connected to pillar 47 which is DA048(?)

The only cabinets in my general area are http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11952941/cabinets.jpg

These two cabinets are only 600 metres down the hill.  I think I am connected to CA79 because it is a RIM with no ADSL and at the moment I cannot even get a connection.  15 metres away is another cabinet CA61.  This one has ADSL but Telstra wholesale wont hook me up to it even though it has free ports.  Makes me cry.

Telstra subcontractors were upgrading the fibre two weekends ago for top hats but nothing on the spreadsheet.

Anything confirmed would be great.  

thanks

Simon

Dianellarim

Hi I'm on a RIM in Dianella WA - DA50 in Boddington Circuit.

I am ~800m from the RIM on a ADSL 1, 8/384 plan.

Initaily (yeasr ago)  we could connect at 8MB but for the last two years we have been limited to 3MB.

I was advised 12/24 months ago that our RIM would be upgraded to eliminate this RIM congestion in March/April this year (backhaul upgrade apparently).

So we waited.

Last week we contacted Telstra who told us that there is no congestion on the RIM and it was problem with our line.  But today  a Telstra Tech came out and said that our line is perfect and we have been "padded" at the RIM due to congestion. He said all customers have 1.5MB or 3Mb limits and this will be fixed when a tophat is installed.

He told us that he cannot tell us when this upgrade will occurr as he doe snto know and cannot find out (but he said it will diffinitely occur and we will then be able to go to ADSL2).

I notice that only one RIM on our Morley WA exchange is listed for a tophat in 2012. 

When will the 2013 tophat expansion plans be published?  Knowing this would be like seeing a light at end of the tunnel.

Mike

Andrew_E

Hey everyone,

Am i able to get an update as to the satatus of the top hat that im hoping to be conntected to soon :-)

This was how it look prior to about a month ago -

old-box.jpg

Then this happend -

tophat-CA280.jpg

and today picture taken by the wife on her way to work -

top hat.JPG

5 vans and every door open on the magic green box. She didnt have a chance to stop and ask whats going on :-(

Fingers crossed that we're getting closer to being connected to something other than expensive 3G internet.

MrMorden

Pics didn't show up. Anyway, pop your phone number in here https://www.pacific.net.au/servicequal/ once your number passes put an application in.
Andrew_E

Guessing this is still a no go -

Qualification results...
Compatibility Check:passed
Compatibility Result:B2B Service Number: xxxxxxxxxxx Product Compatibility: DSL-L2 DSL-L2 compatible with existing products
SQ Check:failed
SQ Result:B2B SQ: DSL-L2 Service Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx SQ Response: Fail SQ Results Result: 256Kbps/64Kbps (Zone 1) , Fail , M071 , Transposition may be available. Submit order. Result: 512Kbps/512Kbps (Zone 1) , Fail , M071 , Transposition may be available. Submit order. Result: 512Kbps/128Kbps (Zone 1) , Fail , M071 , Transposition may be available. Submit order. Result: 1.5Mbps/256Kbps (Zone 1) , Fail , M071 , Transposition may be available. Submit order. Result: Open 1 (Zone 1) , Fail , M071 , Transposition may be available. Submit order. Result: Open 2 (Zone 1) , Fail , M071 , Transposition may be available. Submit order. Limiting Factors: 256Kbps/64Kbps (Zone 1),512Kbps/512Kbps (Zone 1),512Kbps/128Kbps (Zone 1),1.5Mbps/256Kbps (Zone 1),Open 1 (Zone 1) Line Interface: DSLAM port unavailable Primary Network: Incompatible Infrastructure Element Limiting Factors: Open 2 (Zone 1) Line Interface: DSLAM port unavailable Primary Network: Incompatible Infrastructure Element
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Shows No Ports, so guess not Smiley Sad

BTW - Thats a wholesale SQ, which is about as accurate as you can get.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Andrew_E

...and they were back the next day :-)

tophat photo.JPG

Ben_F

@Andrew_E wrote:

Maybe doing some magic to make it work Smiley Wink

That SQ is a Wholsale SQ, so its about as accurate as you can get..... Surprised its on the internet, but take advantage of it while you can Smiley Tongue

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F

@Andrew_E wrote:

And on the first day, the LORD createth the RIM. And he looked at the RIM and saw that it was good..... On the 10th year, God looked at the RIM, and saw that the RIM was full, and saw that it was not good. So God created a box to go over the RIM, and he called this "TopHat". The worshipers adored the TopHat and God saw it was good.....

I bet this will get taken down for being entirelely irrelevant to any conversation, however it is 1:40am and thats what I was thinking when I re-read your comment Smiley Tongue

B.

New Users - Click Here!

rfurlonger

Hi Gareth

Any way to confirm if my RIM is ont he upgrade list?  I can get nearly full speed during the day but like most others here be lucky to get 0.5 during the evenings.  Mine was a comedy of errors as originally had copper back to the exchange - but was getting rubbish speeds due to "mid point injection problems" - i.e. my copper running past the noisy RIM.  So moved to the RIM only to get this rubbish congestion.

My RIM is MGAT-DA224

thanks

Ross

Dianellarim

This site will tell you if your on the upgrade list.

http://www.telstra.com.au/misc/tophat/

Andrew_E

And todays SQ results are as follows -

Compatibility Check: passed Compatibility Result: B2B Service Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxx Product Compatibility: DSL-L2 DSL-L2 compatible with existing products SQ Check: passed SQ Result: B2B SQ: DSL-L2 Service Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx SQ Response: Pass SQ Results Result: 256Kbps/64Kbps (Zone 1) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: 512Kbps/512Kbps (Zone 1) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: 512Kbps/128Kbps (Zone 1) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: 1.5Mbps/256Kbps (Zone 1) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: Open 1 (Zone 1) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: Open 2 (Zone 1) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported.

Yes i'm very happy.

lahiruwan

Hi Gareth

I looked at the rollout schedule on the Telstra wholesale website but my area is not listed. The adsl2exchage site says I am on DA076 in the Narellan exchange (Bradley Drive Harrington Park NSW 2567) and that its a RIM. This is not listed currently in the xls as being scheduled for the TopHat upgrade.

Does this mean that my box is not going to be upgraded at all?

Thanks

gt2002
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi Gareth and all on crowd.

Heard back from you in Mar when I queried slow ADSL  and you said

"The good news is that our DSLAM

QBHMTE12M  Beechmont

is  not due for remediation until 31st March (all the dates there refer to the last day of the month).

So it's still on track for backhaul relief."

I found out early April its  been put back to Aug 31st - can we be confident this migration will occur??

Speeds are fine during the day (>6.00 Mbps) but once kids get home its down to 0.30 Mbps right through to 11.00pm.

cheers

GT2002

Bushshak

Hi Gareth,

I am on Cashmere RIM CASM - CA6/DA7. Top hat was fitted on 11th April and provisioning date keeps getting shifted now saying June or last half of 2012 depending where you look.

Is there a way to find out when this tophat will be ready? Seems a long time after installation and why the delays?

Charlie

Top hat was fitted on 11th April 

How do you mean it was fitted?  I believe the box is installed by one group, another comes out and puts the ISAM in, another runs the fibre and then another does the actual cutover.  If it's just because a box has been put on it may not have any of the innards yet and may be a ways off being cutover.

apexchange
Level 3: Gumshoe

Hi Gareth, where can I find the google maps for the tap hat rollout please?
Bushshak

By top hat installed I mean that the box was installed 11th April and days following the 'innards' were installed. There has also been the odd visit by several crews with all doors open.

The link on the availability site keeps getting changed now saying June and also the tophat.xls has been changed several times now saying July (before this said last half 2012).

I have been waiting a long time for decent broadband access as I have had to put up with expensive alternatives with limited bandwidth.

Ben_F

@Bushshak wrote:

By top hat installed I mean that the box was installed 11th April and days following the 'innards' were installed. There has also been the odd visit by several crews with all doors open.

The link on the availability site keeps getting changed now saying June and also the tophat.xls has been changed several times now saying July (before this said last half 2012).

I have been waiting a long time for decent broadband access as I have had to put up with expensive alternatives with limited bandwidth.

you can check https://pacific.net.au/servicequal/ for details on your line. Your looking for "Open 2" and to confirm its available. When you see that, apply for ADSL2+ Smiley Very Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Aaronp77

Hoping someone can shed some light... I believe from adsl2Exchanges.com.au that I am on the LTVN-DA151 with 0 ports available. I believe Truganina, Vic, 3029 is mistakenly listed as Laverton on the tophat.xls excel spreadsheet, hence everyone thinking Truganina has been left out. It is on the Laverton exchange, but is certainly not laverton. In the spreadsheet, I believe I would be on LTVNCA40 which is listed for aug-dec2012... Can someone, maybe Gareth or DanK confirm the above for me? Can you also confirm the psychical location of the rim LTVN-DA151? I have looked up and down every street in the area, and apart from underground power transformers, I can't find any cabinets to even keep an eye on for upgrades. Is there a way to have a rim prioritized any higher? I have been without Internet from June 2011, then on 4g with pathetic speed due to overselling the area and being 400mtrs outside the official footprint for about 4 months and am desperate... 3 doors away, in a new estate, they are scheduled to have ftth rolled out this year as part of the nbn, and they won't even let me tag on to that when it is so close! I would even happily pay for the contractors to run the cable the extra 2 pits, but nope... Surely there is some option open to me? Can anyone help, please?
Gareth
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Just so we are clear, that site is not an official Telstra site. It gets my street boundaries wrong.

Suburbs often have no bearing on the ESA that you are tagged under. It's all dependent on the ESA boundary. The map on the Telstra Wholesale site for LTVN DA 151 is the source of truth.

http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/LTVN-CA40-Map-LTVN-DA151.pdf

If you reside there then you will be getting a tophat shortly.

In terms of disclosing asset locations, can't do sorry. But I might leave it and say that often a cabinet can serve multiple DA's. As such it can be tucked away. Some are even located underground.

Won't be long now...

Aaronp77

Excellent, thanks Gareth. I had the right da and had found the PDF map of the area already and we are located inside its boundaries so that is good. I definitely can't find an above ground cabinet in the da, so it must either be shared or underground... I hope it's not long... I'm holding my breath! Lol.
Lukeyson

I'm seeking any information on future tophat deployment at HINTON in NSW.

The specific area I am looking for is here:

http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/HINT-CA5-Map-HINT-DA6.pdf

The whole area currently has no ports available, and there are new subdivions being opened up, with lots currently on sale. I know, because I am interested in one of them. 

The current tophat.xls doesn't show any information about current planned deployments scheduled for that area.

Is there any way to find out if this area will be upgraded any time within the next 12 months? Even better, is there anyway to influence this? ;-)

Luke Plaizier

TonyInTsv
Level 9: Captain

If its a green fields estate it should have FTTP as per Federal planing laws enacted 1/7/2011 I think it was, unless the developer used the loophole to get around it by rushing planning aprooval through before the start date, in which case, it may not get fixed line internet at all.

I'm a Telstra employee posting in my own time, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.
Lukeyson

Hi Tony.

It is only a small subdivision at the moment - 6 lots or so - so they are a fair way under the 100-lot threshold for NBN to kick in. It has certainly been advertised as "NBN Ready" - but they appear to only be required to have trenching and ducting in the footpath within the development land, and not provide any actual backhaul. NBN has confirmed for me that that area is not in the current 3 year rollout plan. I do know that another quite large subdivision is in the works in an adjacent DA, although it is a couple of years away. I also don't know the status of the developer's NBN application. But at this stage, all of my information points to NBN not being available for quite a long time.

So back to tophat - should we take it that the only sites that will ever get tophat upgrades are already listed? Or are more sites being added as time goes on?  The initial tophat announcement mentioned that there would be 18 months of upgrades - and the top hat spreadsheet shows dates to the end of 2012.

Will more sites be added for rollout into the 2013 Calendar year - and is there any way at all to gleen an idea, or to have some influence, on this selection process?  I expect the answer will be no and no, but it would be remiss of me if I didn't ask ;-)

Luke

Gareth
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Lukeyson wrote:

So back to tophat - should we take it that the only sites that will ever get tophat upgrades are already listed? Or are more sites being added as time goes on?  The initial tophat announcement mentioned that there would be 18 months of upgrades - and the top hat spreadsheet shows dates to the end of 2012.

Will more sites be added for rollout into the 2013 Calendar year - and is there any way at all to gleen an idea, or to have some influence, on this selection process?  I expect the answer will be no and no, but it would be remiss of me if I didn't ask ;-)

Responses in order. Apologies I can't be more helpful but there was another update to the site today. Fingers crossed your area is covered. I know a fair few fresh blocks are getting tophats installed, many with large tracts of blocks still in construction.

• No

There are more to be announced.

• Yes

See above.

• Probably done by then

But don't hold me to it...

• No

Bit of an equivalence issue there.

• No

There isn't any harm in asking but site selection in order to be fair is based on some dry facts on available ports per population in the region.

Lukeyson

Thanks Gareth

I see the changes. All new in-service listings. Those guys must be working hard! But no new sites beyond 2012.

Out of curiosity, can I read anything out of the fact that I was able to locate the DA Map for the specific area in question (http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/HINT-CA5-Map-HINT-DA6.pdf ) even though that DA Map is not listed in tophat.xls?

(1) Yes - only sites that will be tophat upgraded ever have pdf files there - they just haven't been confirmed funding for inclusion in the Tophat schedule yet.

(2) No - every DA in Australia is available from that URL if you know the ESA and DA

Luke

sjones

Hi Gareth,

Firstly wanted to say this is a great initiative from Telstra, most of us on RIMs had lost hope of anything changing until the NBN reaches us.

Hoping you can offer some clarification on the below.

I am connected to DLSAM ID QCLVYE17M and can see my street sits in CLVY-P22-Map-CLVY-DA22 boundaries, I know from looking at other Telstra reports that I am definitely on that RIM. I noticed the Top Hat go on a little while back and your spreadsheet has a proposed service date of July 2012. When checking the Rollout Update site it indicates my street and others also on the RIM are not on the list to be upgraded so I am keen to understand where it is up to at the moment?

Thanks mate
Shane

Ben_F

@sjones wrote:

Hi Gareth,

Firstly wanted to say this is a great initiative from Telstra, most of us on RIMs had lost hope of anything changing until the NBN reaches us.

Hoping you can offer some clarification on the below.

I am connected to DLSAM ID QCLVYE17M and can see my street sits in CLVY-P22-Map-CLVY-DA22 boundaries, I know from looking at other Telstra reports that I am definitely on that RIM. I noticed the Top Hat go on a little while back and your spreadsheet has a proposed service date of July 2012. When checking the Rollout Update site it indicates my street and others also on the RIM are not on the list to be upgraded so I am keen to understand where it is up to at the moment?

Thanks mate
Shane

The spreadsheet is the most up to date as far as I know, therefore I would run with End of Month July Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Lukeyson

@Lukeyson wrote:

Thanks Gareth

I see the changes. All new in-service listings. Those guys must be working hard! But no new sites beyond 2012.

Out of curiosity, can I read anything out of the fact that I was able to locate the DA Map for the specific area in question (http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/HINT-CA5-Map-HINT-DA6.pdf ) even though that DA Map is not listed in tophat.xls?

(1) Yes - only sites that will be tophat upgraded ever have pdf files there - they just haven't been confirmed funding for inclusion in the Tophat schedule yet.

(2) No - every DA in Australia is available from that URL if you know the ESA and DA

Luke

I'm going to take a stab at answering my own question here, with some clues to help back me up.

(1) In the 'Change List' page of the tophat.xls spreadsheet, some of the earlier entries say 'DA Maps Update'. I'm going to use that as the basis of one of my answers - only maps receiving tophat updates will be available for download from the path in the URL links in the spreadsheet.

(2) The http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/HINT-CA5-Map-HINT-DA6.pdf file that I have found and downloaded, which is not currently listed in tophat.xls anywhere, has a date on it of June 4 2012. Which means it has only just been updated recently. Tingling excitement is caused.

(3) Looking at the dates shown in PDF's linked in tophat.xls  vs  'Actual Service Date' values column, the gap between the creation of a DA Map and date in the 'Actual Service Date column ranges from 6 to 12 months, with the average value of 9 months.

With these elements of information, I have - somewhat flimsily - deduced that the NSW HINT ESA Distribution Areas 5 and 6 are currently unfunded candidate tophat targets, with potential rollout dates of between 6 and 12 months from now.

That's as good as I think I can expect for the moment!

Lukeyson

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit