Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
nhia84
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Tophat ADSL2+ Rollout Status & FAQs

Hi Telstra Reps,

My DA details are as follows. Exchange: DEER PARK DA107 Distribution Area: DRPK107 VICTORIA

I have had a look at the Tophat spreadsheet and do not see my DA in the list.  Are you able to shed more light and info on my DA when an upgrade may be expected?

I know there is currently congestion on my DA and ADSL2+ is not available

Your assistance is much apprecidated.

dgrintz

Hi everyone

New to this forum but I like so many are desperate to see an upgrade on my RIM. I was very excited to see a tophat being installed on one of the cabinets on Wroxham St in Prestons NSW map DA625 but the one I believe I am on DA624 CA25 is not listed anywhere for an upgrade and is about 20m from this RIM.

Here's hoping to an upgrade soon. No ports available here either.

tigland

Hi,

I have been applying for ADSL for the past year or so without success as no ports have been available. I have been following the spreadsheet and found out that last week my top hat was updated. I have applied again for ADSL and have been told that still no ports are available. Is anyone able to tell me, with the upgrade if more ports are available and if so, how long after the upgrade do these ports become available?

I am on the Sunbury Exchange and RIM is DA111 and according to the spreadheet was updated on the 22nd of June

Thanks in advance.

freebo

Hi,
I've in part decided to buy a property on a particular street, which had no ADSL ports available after telstra's tophat rollout page (http://www.telstra.com.au/misc/tophat/index.cfm) said "Good news, ADSL2+ is coming expected June", this was until 2 days ago, now the same search says "Sorry, right now your area isn't on our list for a TopHat upgrade.."

Thing is, there have been no ADSL ports available for at least the past year, and the house we've bought did not previously have an ADSL connection. The RIM is HOID-DA018

I have a feeling I've been totally let down by Telstra, any suggestions on how I confirm this?

sgoumand

Hi,

I have also been applying for ADSL2+ today with telstra without success despite the Telstra Wholesale showing my area has Top Hat completed (Helensburgh Exchange NSW, Area 7). 

They cannot confirm whether the issue is port availability of my line being too old.

They do not even seem to know Top Hat was available.

How do I go about getting this fixed. Can I get a Telstra techncian to investigate ? 

Cheers

the_scotsman
Level 2: Rookie

my DA is listed as being done in July, and I see the tophat has been installed, but the spreadhseet doesn't have actual completed date yet, so I assume it's not quite done.

I'm on the ADSL Elite Liberty 100GB plan which is part of a bundle. Will I have to "upgrade" my plan, thus nulling the bundle? or will it allow my bundle to remain intact? It should remian intact if it's only a change from ADSL > ADSL2?

And I assume it's not automatic and that you have to contact Bigpond once the tophat upgrade is complete?

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@the_scotsman wrote:

my DA is listed as being done in July, and I see the tophat has been installed, but the spreadhseet doesn't have actual completed date yet, so I assume it's not quite done.

I'm on the ADSL Elite Liberty 100GB plan which is part of a bundle. Will I have to "upgrade" my plan, thus nulling the bundle? or will it allow my bundle to remain intact? It should remian intact if it's only a change from ADSL > ADSL2?

And I assume it's not automatic and that you have to contact Bigpond once the tophat upgrade is complete?

July means by end of month usually.

I assume that you should be able to simply increase the plan as part of your bundle, but you will need to double check with Telstra to be sure.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

wildey

Hi Gareth/Telstra reps,

I have found out my RIM is going to get a top hat upgrade soon. I have been doing some more investigation and discovered based on how high my attenuation is only being 800m from the RIM that I might be on a padded RIM whereby it has exchange fed copper lines go via it. So the attenuation on RIM based ADSL services is increased to avoid cross talk with the exchange fed lines. A neighbour is on adsl 2 that I know a few years ago at least went back to the exchange adding weight to the RIM being padded.

If I am on a padded RIM will I be able to access fast speeds once the top hat installation has been completed or will I be restricted in speed still? Is the top hat there just to add capacity not speed?

Thanks

wildey

@freebo wrote:

Hi,
I've in part decided to buy a property on a particular street, which had no ADSL ports available after telstra's tophat rollout page (http://www.telstra.com.au/misc/tophat/index.cfm) said "Good news, ADSL2+ is coming expected June", this was until 2 days ago, now the same search says "Sorry, right now your area isn't on our list for a TopHat upgrade.."

Thing is, there have been no ADSL ports available for at least the past year, and the house we've bought did not previously have an ADSL connection. The RIM is HOID-DA018

I have a feeling I've been totally let down by Telstra, any suggestions on how I confirm this?

Hi, Have you checked out the below spreadsheet yet for your RIM? It lists the upgrade schedule for all of the DA's/RIMs. It may be that your has been pushed out for some reason. I found that for my RIMs upgrade it did not appear with the ADSL 2+ is coming message until July 1st which is the month it is scheduled to be completed. So if yours has now been pushed out past July it may have reverted to the other message.

Telstra Top Hat

aarong

The RIm serviceing my property has had a tophat added to it on the weekend, although its not listed on the upgrade spreadsheet. I do not have access to broadband at the moment due to no free ports.

Can a Telstra rep please advise on when this tophat is due to go live? The RIM is: CA6 BXWSA

Thank you.

Bushshak

Hi Ben_F,

I have been checking using the link given and also through the availability site and finally all came back passed.

I then applied for an ADSL connection with the understanding that I would get ADSL2+ but after checking back it seems that Telstra can only supply ADSL (std).

It was my understanding that all top hats should support ADSL2+?

I have gone ahead with the slower connection at this stage but am very disapointed it is not ADSL2+. The tophat.xls has not yet been updated so is it possible that this is still not activated and instead a port has become available on the original adsl provisioning?

Again I am connected to DA007/CASM.

DisKidd

Just found this disscusion, and since its one of the more frequently posted in I have seen and people were posting questions about their DA maps etc. thought it would be a good place to post my query. (sorry if its a noob question). 

On the Top Hat spreadsheet my DA comes up twice under two sepreate expected completion dates (Aug and Sep - Dec) both have a map of my DA on two seperate links http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/BBRY-CA4-Map-BBRY-DA9.pdf and http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/BBRY-CA12-Map-BBRY-DA9.pdf . However my DA is only show on the layout map of CA4. Does this mean it is just a stuff up or am I somehow connected to both?

I am very anxious to know when my top hat will arrive and any assisstance would be apprieciated. 

Gareth
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@DisKidd wrote:

On the Top Hat spreadsheet my DA (BBRY DA9) comes up twice under two sepreate expected completion dates (Aug and Sep - Dec) both have a map of my DA on two seperate links http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/BBRY-CA4-Map-BBRY-DA9.pdf and http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/BBRY-CA12-Map-BBRY-DA9.pdf

I am very anxious to know when my top hat will arrive and any assisstance would be apprieciated. 

What this means is that your DA is dual fed. This isn't an uncommon situation.

It's good that both cabinets (CA4 and CA12) that cover your DA are being upgraded for your situation, very very likelihood of things turning out peachy.

Gareth
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Bushshak wrote:

I have gone ahead with the slower connection at this stage but am very disapointed it is not ADSL2+.

Again I am connected to DA007/CASM.

I'll look into this. Hit me up with a private message with your bigpond username and PSTN number. You actually might be connected direct to another cabinet in the same DA.

BBM

@Bushshak wrote:

I was under this impression as well but I am still stick on ADSL 1 due to "no ADSL2 ports available"

Telstra suggested trying every 30 days.

There is a lot of conflicting info out there.

Bushshak

The latest infomation I have is that when a top hat is fitted, all existing ADSL1 ports are transfered to top hat and all existing adsl1 equipment is removed from cabinet.

Existing customers have to apply to have port changed to adsl2+ as it is not automatic.

griggler

Hi just wondering if Dangarsleigh suburb of Armidale has been considered for the tophat  rollout. At the moment can only get adsl 1, and the National broadband network will not be implemented here in the 3  year rollout.

aarong

Unfortunatley it seems that our posts arent worth a response. In the age we live in, an estate that is under 5 years old has no free ports.  Noone will give me any info as to when the RIM I'm on might be upgraded.

Sorry for the negative tone, but I am very frustrated with the situation.

@griggler wrote:

Hi just wondering if Dangarsleigh suburb of Armidale has been considered for the tophat  rollout. At the moment can only get adsl 1, and the National broadband network will not be implemented here in the 3  year rollout.

Ben_F

For all who want to check if you are getting an upgrade

Firstly, pop your address into www.adsl2exchanges.com.au. This should tell you the Exchange you are on (will be 4 letters).

From there, you can access the Telstra Wholesale Website and select the IP DSLAM Rollout (Top Hat) Rollout Schedule and Maps link.

Check the Exchange code that you got in this spreadsheet. You may see it listed more then once. There are links to maps to identify if you fall in these areas.

If you fall into a specific DA thats listed, then check the spreadsheet to see if there is an Estimated time. If there is, then thats your answer! If there isn't, then they are working on it, and check back later Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

nalixor

Hi Gareth,

I am part of the Aspley Exchange (APLYCA1/DA38, Lavender Place specifically). According to that Rollout Schedule the work seems to already be completed in my exact area.

I'm already connected on the ADSL 2+ Elite Liberty - 500GB plan, but I am still limited to my previous pre-upgrade slow ADLS1+ speeds. If this work is complete, what do I do now to access the faster ADSL2+ speeds?

Thanks so much,

Nikola.

nalixor

Ben_F,

What do we do if the area we're in has work supposedly completed, and we're connected on a ADSL 2+ Elite Liberty - 500GB plan already, but still stuck on ADSL1+ speeds? I can see my house on this APLY-CA1-Map-APLY-DA38.pdf map, I am well within that area. And the listing on the spreadsheet says it's complete.

So what do I do now?

Gareth
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Once the upgrade is complete you will need to upgrade your plan to one that is ADSL2+.

Send me a private message with your PSTN number and I'll check to see that all is in order to get the 2+ speeds.

Regards
Gareth
matthewh

hay garath, any news on my connection to the tophat?

sent you a pm last week,

cheers

grmas1

I have been informed from my local member that all DA's in my area are to be upgraded to top hat. So when will it be on the top hat schedule spreadsheet?

Also if all hte current ports are used does that mean I will not be able to upgrade if I am not a Telstra Customer? I have internode through Telstra?

My DA is Miller DA619

Thanks

retiree

I am also having difficulty understanding the timing. The spreadsheet gives the actual in-service date for my local tophat as 12 July. The tophat update checker is still showing "coming soon, in July". I have applied for upgrade from Open 1 to Open 2, and been rejected.

The impression from earlier information posted, is that once an actual (past) date appears in the spreadsheet, everything is set to go, but that is apparently not the case.

I am in DA032, ABCK, and would appreciate any clarification.

oh_yeahbah

Hi Guys,

I'm having the problem of not having any free ports available at my local RIM, it is however on the schedule list to get a tophat upgrade, which says that it has been connected. But i'm still having the same problem of no free ports whenever I call up or check availabilty online.

Just thinking that maybe now the tophat has run out of ports too, its a frustrating situation as I need the internet for work and the only other option is 3g wireless, which is woeful at best in my location.

Is there anyway to check this???
My DA is 139 on the WERE exchange.

Any info is much appreciated?

the_scotsman

OK, so the spreadsheet says July for my DA, but http://www.telstra.com.au/misc/tophat/index.cfm says migration Dec 2012. WTF?

The tophat was physically installed months ago...

talman

Hi There 

I live in Springfield QLD and recently a 'top hat' device has been placed on a cabinet near my home. I like most have been waiting for a while for a better connection to the internet and since the planned NBN rollout for Springfield was shifted to Goodna due to political pressure Springfield was until now left out. I have called Telstra activations many times to find out but each time it is clear that I know more about the subject than the operator does and to be honest they only tell you what they can see after punching your street name and phone number into their computer. What I am after is some definite info on the rollout in my area and if my street is in fact going to be connected and if so when ? The Telstra operator did mention something disturbing in that any access to Top Hat was not going to be widely advertised and that ONLY NEW connections would get it and those already with ADSL1 would not be told since they already had an internet connection. This operator put my name on a 'list' he said he was keeping and promised to call me once he saw that my area was to be connected.........ummm, I kind of dont think I will be getting a call somehow. Please if you are able to advise me onn the info i seek. I can put down my specific area once I get a response. BTW the maps I tried to access on this subject didnt come through on my computer, they appeared as a page of text  ? any help appreciated. Thanks 

dob80z

Hi all,

I'm happy - my TopHat went live last week  Smiley Happy

Now, what's the best way to get my speed upgraded ?   I'm on a Bundle, so I rang the bundling team, and then got Bigpond team, then got a few other people, but I _think_ I have a new bundle request in the system.  (I thought I might just be able to get speed changed - but had to get a whole new bundle ??)

That was meant to go live Monday - didn't happen.  Rang a few times more, used live chat, and was told it was somehow set not to go live until midnight on the 1st.   Also didn't happen.  Rang again, and they said, yep - in the system, might happen by Monday the 6th (ie, give it up to 48 hours).

I did receive a letter today with a reference number to look up on telstra.com/trackmyorder - but when I try, there are too many digits  !!

So, has anyone with a bundle successfully made it to a higher speed - and did I do it the right way, and how long did it end up taking ??

Meanwhile, I'll sit here and keep rebooting the modem  Smiley Wink

wildey

@the_scotsman wrote:

OK, so the spreadsheet says July for my DA, but http://www.telstra.com.au/misc/tophat/index.cfm says migration Dec 2012. WTF?

The tophat was physically installed months ago...

I think it might be because the spreadsheet is still only up to July with updates, so (again only what i think) that with it now being August the online tools just defers to December, cant really say July when it is already over.. I would expect the spreadsheet and the online tool to be updated Monday or Tuesday.

neednetnow

Can someone shed some light on this for me - I can't get the internet connected as there is no ports available - I have been watching the Top Hat spreadsheet closely for months now and have seen the top hat fitted to  MADDP80 and can here the equipment running inside it.  BUT I can't believe it, it has now gone "Site withdrawn from program" Either Telstra likes spending money installing ISAMS and not finishing it or something else is going on.  I am desperate to get connected to the net as Wireless speeds are slower than dialup fromm school finish times to well into the night.  And have been trying to get ADSL for over a year.  Can someone please shed some light on the true fate of

30/07/2012MADDP80MADDMADDINGTONWA80Site withdrawn from program

and why?

Gareth -  if you are reading and have information - or anybody else?  I am really getting desperate.

Thanks

Other_Dave

According to adsl2exchanges.com.au I am on Raymond Terrace (RTCE) exchange through DA038.

A few months ago I noticed the tophat system being installed on my rim.

The current tophat.xls file has my DA listed with 'Proposed Service Date' of Jul12 but still no 'Actual Service Date'.
Monday this week I checked the pacific.net.au site with this result...

B2B SQ: DSL-L2 Service Number: 02******** SQ Response: Pass SQ Results Result: 256Kbps/64Kbps (Zone 2) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: 512Kbps/512Kbps (Zone 2) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: 512Kbps/128Kbps (Zone 2) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: 1.5Mbps/256Kbps (Zone 2) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: Open 1 (Zone 2) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: Open 2 (Zone 2) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported.

Wednesday I rang bigpond asking to be changed to ADSL2, and there appeared to be no problem.

5 minutes ago I got a call from Telstra telling me my application for ADSL was unsuccessful due to 'pair gain system'.

I was informed that I had the option of dialup, ISDN, or wireless.

When I could get a word in I stopped the bloke and told him that I allready had ADSL and was wanting it changed to ADSL2, he said 'yes I can see that' so I asked 'why would I want to go to dialup if I already have ADSL?'

Could someone look into this for me please?

Other_Dave

Hello Gareth?

Ben_F

Just a polite reminder to all (http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Welcome-Guidelines-KB/What-does-Someone-s-quot-Ranking-quot-Sa...)

Thought Leaders participate on CrowdSupport as an extension to their role, so please don't expect a response from them. Usually they will be called in by the Moderators or the Community Managers to provide specialised answers on a range of topics, or they may just pop in for a causal "hello".

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F

Other_Dave wrote: 

B2B SQ: DSL-L2 Service Number: 02******** SQ Response: Pass SQ Results Result: 256Kbps/64Kbps (Zone 2) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: 512Kbps/512Kbps (Zone 2) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: 512Kbps/128Kbps (Zone 2) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: 1.5Mbps/256Kbps (Zone 2) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: Open 1 (Zone 2) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: Open 2 (Zone 2) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported.

Wednesday I rang bigpond asking to be changed to ADSL2, and there appeared to be no problem.

Might I suggest that you try to make the change yourself via Self Care (http://my.bigpond.com/mybigpond/ )

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Other_Dave

@Ben_F wrote:

Might I suggest that you try to make the change yourself via Self Care (http://my.bigpond.com/mybigpond/ )

B.

I have looked at that but according to the website I may lose my current bundled discount.

Obviously I don't want this to happen.

Rang Telstra, then was transfered to Bigpond again today, it would seem the problem is that their (Telstra/Bigpond) database http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/tophat.xls has not been updated and the sales staff can't request a line code change unless the database indicates that the tophat upgrade is complete.

Hoggle

Hi,

I have bought a place in Mornington and will move in in a few months. Apparently I will be on a rim and no ports are available. I looked up the details on mybroadband:

Exchange: MORNINGTON DA086 (Covers 28.0 square kilometers) (Zone: 1)
ABG applications for this post code: 6

Line of Sight: 1870m

The Top Hat deployment allocation of 2000 has almost been reached so I look like I'll be out of luck.

Is there any possibility of further Top Hat deployments in the future?

Lukeyson

@Lukeyson wrote:

@Lukeyson wrote:

Thanks Gareth

I see the changes. All new in-service listings. Those guys must be working hard! But no new sites beyond 2012.

Out of curiosity, can I read anything out of the fact that I was able to locate the DA Map for the specific area in question (http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/HINT-CA5-Map-HINT-DA6.pdf ) even though that DA Map is not listed in tophat.xls?

(1) Yes - only sites that will be tophat upgraded ever have pdf files there - they just haven't been confirmed funding for inclusion in the Tophat schedule yet.

(2) No - every DA in Australia is available from that URL if you know the ESA and DA

Luke

I'm going to take a stab at answering my own question here, with some clues to help back me up.

(1) In the 'Change List' page of the tophat.xls spreadsheet, some of the earlier entries say 'DA Maps Update'. I'm going to use that as the basis of one of my answers - only maps receiving tophat updates will be available for download from the path in the URL links in the spreadsheet.

(2) The http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/HINT-CA5-Map-HINT-DA6.pdf file that I have found and downloaded, which is not currently listed in tophat.xls anywhere, has a date on it of June 4 2012. Which means it has only just been updated recently. Tingling excitement is caused.

(3) Looking at the dates shown in PDF's linked in tophat.xls  vs  'Actual Service Date' values column, the gap between the creation of a DA Map and date in the 'Actual Service Date column ranges from 6 to 12 months, with the average value of 9 months.

With these elements of information, I have - somewhat flimsily - deduced that the NSW HINT ESA Distribution Areas 5 and 6 are currently unfunded candidate tophat targets, with potential rollout dates of between 6 and 12 months from now.

That's as good as I think I can expect for the moment!

Lukeyson

Well, things have developed already.

I drove by today and  - wham - there's a top-hat box on the exchange now. No idea if it has been populated yet - I know others say they can hear things running, but I don't know how you can tell if what you're hearing is in the top or the bottom of the unit.

The writing on the front of the box is HINU-CA5, and it pretty much looks like it's the only box in the area of the diagram above.

Also, I drove past a Telstra 'engineer' doing an install on a box closer to where I live now, with the text on the front RBFDA RFDW CA5. So I did a lookup on the tophat.xls and it too is nowhere to be found - there's not a single area that's even close to that DA (I think it's RUTH-DA55 anyway.) There are some other areas in Rutherford on tophat.xls, but none of the maps even go near that one.

So something is afoot. Tophats are going on that aren't even marked in the tophat.xls spreadsheet. I do note that on the 6/8/2012 the tophat.xls file Notes tab shows that some 324 site details had been added - and I thought perhaps that meant a whole lot of new sites were in. But there's still nothing scheduled past Dec 2012, and nothing that even remotely hints at the two boxes that I've discovered with tophats on them in the last couple of days.

Lukeyson

matthewh

B2B SQ: DSL-L2 Service Number: 073273&^*& SQ Response: Manual SQ Results Result: 256Kbps/64Kbps (Zone 1) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: 512Kbps/512Kbps (Zone 1) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: 512Kbps/128Kbps (Zone 1) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: 1.5Mbps/256Kbps (Zone 1) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: Open 1 (Zone 1) , Pass , Y001 , Product is supported. Result: Open 2 (Zone 1) , Manual , M203 , No Free CAN DSL Ports. SQ results returned from Telstra's core systems are inconclusive. Please submit a request in SQ delayed mode for manual assessment by Telstra Wholesale Limiting Factors: Open 2 (Zone 1) Line Interface: No ADSL Ports Primary Network: Incompatible Infrastructure Element

my pacific SQ just changed to Open 2 (Zone 1) , Manual , M203 , No Free CAN DSL Ports. SQ results returned from Telstra's core systems are inconclusive.

it used to be fail.

but i keep ringing up accounts to put in an adsl2+ order, but after two minutes on hold everytime i get told that the system wont allow them to put it through.  anyone know what to do? how to get to level 2?

Lukeyson

@Lukeyson wrote:

@Lukeyson wrote:

@Lukeyson wrote:

Thanks Gareth

I see the changes. All new in-service listings. Those guys must be working hard! But no new sites beyond 2012.

Out of curiosity, can I read anything out of the fact that I was able to locate the DA Map for the specific area in question (http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/HINT-CA5-Map-HINT-DA6.pdf ) even though that DA Map is not listed in tophat.xls?

(1) Yes - only sites that will be tophat upgraded ever have pdf files there - they just haven't been confirmed funding for inclusion in the Tophat schedule yet.

(2) No - every DA in Australia is available from that URL if you know the ESA and DA

Luke

I'm going to take a stab at answering my own question here, with some clues to help back me up.

(1) In the 'Change List' page of the tophat.xls spreadsheet, some of the earlier entries say 'DA Maps Update'. I'm going to use that as the basis of one of my answers - only maps receiving tophat updates will be available for download from the path in the URL links in the spreadsheet.

(2) The http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/HINT-CA5-Map-HINT-DA6.pdf file that I have found and downloaded, which is not currently listed in tophat.xls anywhere, has a date on it of June 4 2012. Which means it has only just been updated recently. Tingling excitement is caused.

(3) Looking at the dates shown in PDF's linked in tophat.xls  vs  'Actual Service Date' values column, the gap between the creation of a DA Map and date in the 'Actual Service Date column ranges from 6 to 12 months, with the average value of 9 months.

With these elements of information, I have - somewhat flimsily - deduced that the NSW HINT ESA Distribution Areas 5 and 6 are currently unfunded candidate tophat targets, with potential rollout dates of between 6 and 12 months from now.

That's as good as I think I can expect for the moment!

Lukeyson

Well, things have developed already.

I drove by today and  - wham - there's a top-hat box on the exchange now. No idea if it has been populated yet - I know others say they can hear things running, but I don't know how you can tell if what you're hearing is in the top or the bottom of the unit.

The writing on the front of the box is HINU-CA5, and it pretty much looks like it's the only box in the area of the diagram above.

Also, I drove past a Telstra 'engineer' doing an install on a box closer to where I live now, with the text on the front RBFDA RFDW CA5. So I did a lookup on the tophat.xls and it too is nowhere to be found - there's not a single area that's even close to that DA (I think it's RUTH-DA55 anyway.) There are some other areas in Rutherford on tophat.xls, but none of the maps even go near that one.

So something is afoot. Tophats are going on that aren't even marked in the tophat.xls spreadsheet. I do note that on the 6/8/2012 the tophat.xls file Notes tab shows that some 324 site details had been added - and I thought perhaps that meant a whole lot of new sites were in. But there's still nothing scheduled past Dec 2012, and nothing that even remotely hints at the two boxes that I've discovered with tophats on them in the last couple of days.

Lukeyson

Here is a picture from July 2

And a more recent picture from 18 August

Note this box is not even in tophat.xls!  So what the heck is this?

Lukeyson

Lukeyson

Changes!

One of my mysteries have been solved. Rutherford DA55 has appeared! Or did I just not see this before?http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/RUTH-CA55-Map-RUTH-DA55.pdf

But the RIM in the images I posted above is still not inthe official list.

There's time left. I'm sitting tight with fingers crossed. My map exists and my RIM has a probably-empty tophat box on it,so things are positive - but I'm slightly frightened by the big chunk of sites that were just removed....

Lukeyson

fishman

If we could get some information about why the sites were removed from the upgrade spreadsheet that would be great. I am unfortunately one of the sites removed but when I check on the Telstra website I get this message

• Street Name: XXXXXXXXX(removed)
  • Status Report: Planning & Installation
  • Upgrade Activity: Pending
  • Estimated Migration: Dec-2012

Getting some really mixed signals here

SimonCornwill

Hi Guys

I am hooked up with ADSL 1 from home to the exchange via our local RIM.  This RIM has recently had a top hat installed.  I applied for transposition back from the exchange to the RIM but have been denied stating that Telstra does not move existing ADSL subscribers.  I know this not to be true.

There has been a guy on whirlpool who had this successfully done.  My RIM has never had ADSL enabled on this RIM prior to the Top har and now that it does.  Why should I be penalised by being denied access to my local top hat?  It is only 400 meters away and the exchange is 4.5kms.

I have been told that the only work around is another PSTN line.  This means $299 connection out of pocket for me and I am not even guaranteed a top hat connection on the second line either.

Please I need someone to action my move from the exchange back to the local top hat.

thanks

Simon

Ben_F

Hi Simon,

Are you connected directly to the Exchange, or to a RIM?

Transposition is the process of disconnecting you from a RIM and putting you onto a direct path back to the Telephone Exchange. They don't undo a Transposition normally, and they are under no obligation to. Perhaps your street is on a different Distribution Area (DA).

If the top hat has been setup, can you type your phone number into https://www.pacific.net.au/servicequal/ and post back the results without your phone number?

New Users - Click Here!

SimonCornwill

I am on the exchange at the moment via a direct connection. I am currently getting 3.5mbps.

I want to move back to the RIM as that has a top hat and is only 400 meters away. This would also free up a port in the exchange for another customer.

They were happy to do the initial transposition from the RIM to the exchange in the first place, but don't want to reverse it now there is a top hat in place.
JTMP

Can someone tell me why: 

MRDACA12MRDAMerndaVIC375428;52
MRDACA18MRDAMerndaVIC375438;64

The only 2 DA that are full and have no availble ports have been removed from the TOPHAT upgrade plan.

This makes no sense at all....

redhot_rex

Hi,

I live in West hoxton, i belive i'm in the Miller exhange how do i know what DA i;m in my street is Scottsdale circiut

i have trouble reading the excel document, i just want to know will my street be getting top hat or not.

any help is welcome

NChar
Level 3: Gumshoe

@redhot_rex wrote:

Hi,

I live in West hoxton, i belive i'm in the Miller exhange how do i know what DA i;m in my street is Scottsdale circiut

i have trouble reading the excel document, i just want to know will my street be getting top hat or not.

any help is welcome

Based on the document I'm not entirely sure. I had a look on the following website (the postcode for West Hoxton is 2171 if I recall) (http://www.telstra.com.au/misc/tophat/index.cfm), and it said that it wasn't available. No idea how correct that is though. Perhaps someone else may have a better idea.

If it's any consolation, I'm in Cecil Hills (2171 also), and the Edensor Park exchange was upgraded, though apparently my particular street is not affected or upgraded either.

Ben_F

@SimonCornwill wrote:
They were happy to do the initial transposition from the RIM to the exchange in the first place, but don't want to reverse it now there is a top hat in place.

Because of the effort required to acheive the end result. If you were transposed, you got internet before everyone else, and those who were paitent now have faster internet..... Seems fair

New Users - Click Here!

Ben_F

You can check the status of your rollout and if you are included by referring to the maps in this Excel Spreadsheet - IP DSLAM Rollout (Top Hat) Rollout Schedule and Maps

Find your Exchange, and check the CA and DA maps Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit