Corky39
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Transition from Cable Broadband to NBN FTTC

Answered

Have just received Telstra Smart modem (Arcadyan LH1000).

I assume NBN tech will provide NBN connection box on transition day.

Should I power up the modem now in preparation?

Will the modem connect to internet via 4G backup?

Will the modem update the firmware via the 4G?

At this stage can I access the modems WiFi & Internet

Or

Do nothing, wait for NBN tech?

Easy Guide documentation and Telstra advice is a bit vague.

Advice appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Transition from Cable Broadband to NBN FTTC

Yes you can do that..  the only issue will be that the 4G backup mode, out of the box only provides IPv6 connectivity. That can be changed in the modem settings to give IPV4 and IPv6 connectivity.

You might also need to make some changes to Wi-Fi settings, so I would suggest you connect a device (PC?) by cable to start with and log in to the modem GUI at 192.168.0.1  Username is admin  and password is Telstra..

It can operate in 4G Backup mode until NBN provide the connection, then when the WAN port is connected the modem will switch over to that NBN service..  until then the 4G is a bit slower than normal, so don't expect to stream HD to many devices...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

Yes you can do that..  the only issue will be that the 4G backup mode, out of the box only provides IPv6 connectivity. That can be changed in the modem settings to give IPV4 and IPv6 connectivity.

You might also need to make some changes to Wi-Fi settings, so I would suggest you connect a device (PC?) by cable to start with and log in to the modem GUI at 192.168.0.1  Username is admin  and password is Telstra..

It can operate in 4G Backup mode until NBN provide the connection, then when the WAN port is connected the modem will switch over to that NBN service..  until then the 4G is a bit slower than normal, so don't expect to stream HD to many devices...

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Corky39
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Thanks for your help. The transition to NBN has been completed with only a couple of small problems. I changed the Network Name & Password in the Arcadyan modem to the old Modems, so didn't have to change in all my devices. You guys are very knowledgeable!

AntoO
Support Team
Support Team

Glad this was sorted for you Corky39.

Let us know if there are any other issues we can help with in future.

- Anto

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit