Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Turning off premium speed boost

Answered

A year ago when I re-contracted my NBN I was given a free bonus premium speed boost for 24 months. However, Telstra sent an email about 4 or 5 months ago saying they will start charging for it, but I ignored it as I was originally told I have it free for 24 months. Unfortunately, they started charging me for this as of my last bill (this week).

No option exists to turn this off myself in the app or portal and I have tried to call customer service, but due to COVID their call center is understaffed and my 2 x 1.5 hour calls just sat in the queue and then eventually the annoying hold music ran out & stopped and there was just silence.

Due to a lack of any other options, I have logged a SR, but I'm guessing Telstra may be inundated with SR's, so I'll just continue to be charged. If anyone has any ideas or if Telstra service people on these boards can help, please do !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: Turning off premium speed boost

Called back again 1st thing in the morning on 1800 770 804 and got through right away. The operator saw there was an order placed for the change, but she did not know why it hadn't been actioned. Next thing you know, click, internet reset and premium speed turned off

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Finally, after almost 2.5 hours on the phone, I was able to get a nice & helpful customer support rep that was able to help me out. Pity this option isn't changeable via the app/portal ....

I feel for the customer reps as they're no doubt getting smashed with a minimal crew...

Highlighted

Maybe I jumped the gun. Over 24 hrs later and premium speed boost is still active. I hope it does turn off before the next billing cycle or a case manager contacts me 

Accepted Solution

Called back again 1st thing in the morning on 1800 770 804 and got through right away. The operator saw there was an order placed for the change, but she did not know why it hadn't been actioned. Next thing you know, click, internet reset and premium speed turned off

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Could you not have challenged Telstra on why they started charging which was in breach of the contract that you initially entered into with them? I am also getting this Premium Speed boost, but there is no time limit.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hello,

I have same problem. Existing ADSL+ client. Switch to NBN and put on same plan on 25Mb ($75/month) with this additional ‘SppedBoost’ (extra $20/month). I did not request era tra charge and I believe I don’t need it. I cant get through to support due to COVIT. If I can find a Telstra Support email, I’ll just pay my $75/month only till I get a response!

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @PZ3,

Thanks for your message, apologies for any issues with charges for the NBN.

Support is currently offered via the My Telstra App, please sign in and head to Get Help.

Click on the blue message icon, the assistant will have a few suggestions before a team

member is notified that further assistance is required. https://tel.st/4emrf

There is also an option in the My Telstra App to request a credit or dispute a charge,

this can also be done on our website: https://tel.st/44y5m

-Aaron

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit