Kim44
Level 2: Rookie

Two FTTC connection points

Answered

I will be connected to fiber to the curb (fttc) in a couple of weeks time . Currently I have two telephone wall sockets one in the kitchen and also one in the office  currently used as a bedroom both having power outlets near by .

Q - Is it possible to have two connection points one in each room to enable me to unplug the NBN connection device from one room to the other ? .

If so will this be at an added cost ?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Two FTTC connection points

If they are both connected to the same incoming telephone line (Same phone number) you will be able to use either socket with FTTC. With FTTC NBN Co does not modify any internal wiring. All the work is done in the street and NBN Co supply a modem (NCD) that can be connected to any phone socket. In some cases having if the original wiring is of poor standard having more than one socket might cause problems and the other sockets will have to be disconnected.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Accepted Solution

If they are both connected to the same incoming telephone line (Same phone number) you will be able to use either socket with FTTC. With FTTC NBN Co does not modify any internal wiring. All the work is done in the street and NBN Co supply a modem (NCD) that can be connected to any phone socket. In some cases having if the original wiring is of poor standard having more than one socket might cause problems and the other sockets will have to be disconnected.

View solution in original post

Kim44
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you cf4 that is good news . I was unable to get information about relocating the NBN FTTC connection device to other telephone wall sockets in the house . I called my Telco and NBN Co help desk and both said I would need to talk with a technician on the day as they had no information on this .
Much appreciated .

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit