Arjunan
Level 1: Cadet

Two FTTC internet connections

Answered

Soon I will be getting FTTC in my suburb and I wanted to get a 100/40 speed connection.

I was doing some research, and I found that you can get a second phone line into your home for a second internet connection. I was wondering if I could get a second line into my home and if it can be eligible for a second FTTC connection, and if I could more or so double my speeds with both connections having 100/40. Also how much would a second connection cost and who would I need to talk to, to make this happen.

Thanks

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
343GuiltySpark
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Two FTTC internet connections

Youd need a second phone line in already, getting another added isnt going to be easy and can get expensive. To be honest more than 100/40 isn't necessary. Fttc can go faster when there is the demand in a few years. Since the fibre is right outside your house, nbn technology change to fttp which is capable of 1000/400 might be the simpler option
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
343GuiltySpark
Accepted Solution

Re: Two FTTC internet connections

Youd need a second phone line in already, getting another added isnt going to be easy and can get expensive. To be honest more than 100/40 isn't necessary. Fttc can go faster when there is the demand in a few years. Since the fibre is right outside your house, nbn technology change to fttp which is capable of 1000/400 might be the simpler option
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit