Robynsveil
Level 1: Cadet

Ubuntu / Firefox / GMail - redirect to sitehelp.bigpond.net.au

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, Firefox 14.0.1, GMail. When I click on a link to a forum in gmail, type in an address of a known website in the address bar, or even click on the CrowdSupport link on the Bigpond main site, they all take me to Bigpond's sitehelp.bigpond.net.au. I rang tech support but they do not support Linux or Firefox.

Any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Joe-Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Ubuntu / Firefox / GMail - redirect to sitehelp.bigpond.net.au

Hi Robynsveil,

Thanks for your post regarding your browser pointing to sitehelp.bigpond.net.au everytime you try to go to a known website.

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport 🙂 Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics here in our Community.

Can you please check your internet options settings under managing your search engine and make sure these points to Google Search or Bing Search or which ever search engine that you prefer and is not defaulting to sitehelp.bigpond.net.au, to see if this works.

Please keep us updated on how you are going with this. Thank you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit