Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

ultimate cable modem model

Answered

Hi,

Could Telstra expert, please, tell me which modem model is required for ULTIMATE CABLE PLAN?

At this moment I have with me modem NETGEAR CG3100D-2.

Regards

Vule61

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: ultimate cable modem model

When I was on ultimate cable (I've moved and can't get it now), I was originally sent the D-1 model, but was upgraded to the D-2 (which is a better modem/router than the D-1).

So the D-2 certainly supports Ultimate Cable.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

The 3100D-2 is the most current model as far as I'm aware.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Highlighted

Thanks for answering KALAK!

Telstra operator told me that they sent me that one by mistake. They will send to me recovery bag to return it and then they will send to me correct model.

Reason for me asking here, in this forum, is that I seriously doubt competence of Telstra Technical Support team.            

My opinion is based on my personal experience. I talked to them for few hours in two days and that was my conclusion.

Surfing the internet about answer I discovered this forum.

Now you say, Kalak, that I have the right modem for ULTIMATE CABLE PLAN.

I even sent private message to Telstra's man on this forum called "Steph" two days ago but, he is ignoring me.

I would really appreciate if PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAVE ULTIMATE CABLE PLAN TELL ME WHICH MODEM THEY HAVE.

MANY THANKS!

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

When I was on ultimate cable (I've moved and can't get it now), I was originally sent the D-1 model, but was upgraded to the D-2 (which is a better modem/router than the D-1).

So the D-2 certainly supports Ultimate Cable.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Kalak,

I am still waiting for some of the Telstra experts on this forum to say something.

Tomorrow is Monday and I will call Telstra Technical Support team again to see what next operator have to say.

Thanks again Kalak

Highlighted

I called Telstra this morning and yes,Kalak, you were right.

Modem I have is the right one.

I will now click on Accept as solution on your post.

Many thanks again, Kalak!

Cheers,

Vule61

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit