Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Ultimate Cable Packet Loss

Hi there,

I have recently been unable to play online games on my Xbox One - running a test, both on the Xbox and online through a test site, I'm informed I have 100% packet loss (both running the xbox test and web based test). I am having no issues with connecting to the internet, or browsing regular pages.

I spoke with Telstra support (on the phone) they tried fiddling at their end, but to no avail - I was hoping someone had a suggestion I could try?

Thanks in advance...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Ultimate Cable Packet Loss

Hey Keyzer,

Can you clarify for me whether you are able to access the internet normally from other devices? Do you get any packet loss on your PC when connected via Ethernet?

If you do have some trouble with the service itself, our tech team on 133933 will be able to investigate further. If only affecting your XBox someone in the community may be able to offer some further advice but it is outside our support boundaries.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hello

I am also suffering the same problem with an xbox one connection through my telstra cable broadband. I have 100% packet loss. I have opened the ports suggested by the xbox support and that doesn't seem to help. 

I connected the xbox through my telstra mobile phone using a hotspot, and it worked fine.

I am at a loss as to what the problem is. If anyone has solved this, id love to know the answer.

Cheers

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Heya SkratchPikl,

Can I ask if there is absolutely anything else utilising the Cable Broadband service at all, be it Wi-Fi or Ethernet?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Yes, phones and telstra T-box, oh and this PC.

I have run pingtest on this pc and have 0% packet loss. The problem seems restricted to the Xbox one

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly SkratchPikl. Smiley Happy

OK, so this indicates that there is a packet-dropping bottleneck taking place between your Xbox and the connection; chances are other packets (sent from the phones, T-Box and your PC) are taking priority over your game packets.

Have you tried switching off all other connections and simply testing with the Xbox on it's own?

Highlighted

Hi Renee,

I have tried shutting down the wireless and running the xbox one only via ethernet. 

Still 100% packet loss.

Other services such as youtube continue to work and the machine states that it is properly connected to the internet.

This is a mystery to me. 

Cheers

Highlighted

So I turned off UPnP and it seemed to fix the problem back to 0 packet loss. Other things seem to be acting up now such as my SONOS system... Is UPnP the only solution to this problem???

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I am not sure myself, but will have this query passed back to the Social Media Technical Team for you, so they can assist further. They are back in the office after 9am and this will land in their queue for further assistance on the packet loss that you have experienced.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi SkratchPiki, 

This type of issue is not supported by BigPond technical support, it is outside our support boundaries.  However there may be someone in our Crowdsupport community who may be able to help.

Failing that we have a premium service called Telstra Platinum who might be able to help,  It is a paid service.  You can contact them here: http://www.telstra.com.au/connectedhome/enhancements/platinum/

-BenD

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit