CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Ultimate Cable Packet Loss

Hi all,

So yesterday telstra had an outage in my area which was fixed(or so they say)

I came home from work yesterday to find that my speed is fine, 100+mbps but when i try to connect to xbox live or use battlenet or steam on my pcs I get errors that say 100% packet loss/connection timed out.

I was in contact with the 24/7 chat team last night and the guy i talked to seemed pretty clueless and blamed the entire situation on my xbox and said i should get it repaired :/ but failed to remember i said all my devices in the home were doing this.

I have never had an issue like this before and my internet was working flawlessly up until yesterday's maintenance, i don't believe it is a coincidence and believe telstra have fiddled with something, I just don't know what my next step should be.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Ultimate Cable Packet Loss

BigPond Tech Support will only provide support for ensuring that your modem has access to the internet and will not be able to assist with investigating the connection with specific services such as Xbox Live etc.

Are you still experiencing difficulties with this?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit