RayOR
Level 3: Gumshoe

Ultra Fast Speed AddOn NBN 1000

Hi Everyone Did anyone of you did applied the NBN Ultra Fast Speed AddOn? If you did. What is your speed in your area? Mine is only got 400Mbps I am in Melbourne If you have the lower speed issue what we can do?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Ultra Fast Speed AddOn NBN 1000

Are you measuring the speed using a device connected to the modem via an Ethernet cable or WiFi?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
RayOR
Level 3: Gumshoe

Both, my Wi-Fi and cable only got 400Mbps. How about you?

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Telstra don't promise you 1000 Mbps..  that is only your expectation.. see their fine print..

https://www.telstra.com.au/help/critical-information-summaries/personal/home-internet/telstra-bundle...

There are many factors of the distribution network that will determine your actual speed..  not sure you have grounds for any sort of action?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter

Well, I get just over 100Mbps Download and Upload, but I'm not on an NBN connection.

Are the speeds consistent throughout the day, or do they vary greatly? If you are on an NBN HFC connection, then it could be a limitation of the HFC cable that is causing the issue (that would be the most likely cause if the speeds are consistent at all times) as the cables could be close to 25 years old by now and cable quality varied during the rollout. It wasn't really designed with such high speeds in mind.

If on FTTP, then it should be capable of the full speeds and it could be a bandwidth issue.

You could ask Telstra to investigate the problem. If it's a limitation with the connection that you are on, then there isn't anything that they will be able to do about it other than offer to drop you back to Superfast. If it's a configuration or bandwidth issue, then they should be able to arrange to get it resolved.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit