Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Unable to access Telstra Smart Modem GEN 2 home page to logon for settings etc from desktop PC

Since my NBN installation with a Telstra Smart Modem GEN 2 I have had 3 instances now of not being able to access the modem via the following IPs 192.168.0.1 OR 10.0.0.138 or the telstra.gateway. The responses depending on the browser are variable eg unable to connect to site/check IP address/connection timed out and when I try again (multiple times in multiple browsers on 3 different devices (2 desktops/1laptop)) I get the same. Also running my WIn7/Win10 network diagnostics tells me that my network is correctly configured.

The only way to fix the issue is to reboot the modem.

Today I rang Telstra Technical Support out of frustration as I don't believe that I should have to reboot the modem every time this occurs when I want to check the system/device status etc especially after the devices have been shutdown overnight. After multiple explanations by me and multiple questions from the Telstra support person I ended up being asked to reboot the modem which of course brought up the modem homepage. As a result I asked for the issue to be escalated however I was told to report it if it happened again! Smiley Sad

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so have you had it resolved! Smiley Happy

Many thanks. Rod

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Unable to access Telstra Smart Modem GEN 2 home page to logon for settings etc from desktop PC

This used to be a problem with the Arcadyan version (LH1000) with early versions of the software. If you have an Arcadyan modem check the firmware  version. The firmware version is displayed on the left of login page. Latest version is 0.08.06r

Gateway Information
Serial No ARC1xxxxxxxxxxx
Firmware Number 0.08.06r
Gateway Make Model Arcadyan LH1000
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Re: Unable to access Telstra Smart Modem GEN 2 home page to logon for settings etc from desktop PC

Yes thank you the gateway information you have provided me with is exactly what I have. Hopefully Telstra are aware of this and this may be included in the next firmware release! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit