anneabell
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Unable to connect TELSTRA TV not connecting

I would like to know why I can't connect to my WiFi on my telstra TV yet I do a speed test on my WiFi and it's telling me I have good speed.  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Unable to connect TELSTRA TV not connecting

Where are you doing the speed test?.

It could be the case that Telstra TV will not connect because the modem's 2.4GHz radio is not functioning, but you were able to perform the speed test by connecting using the 5GHz radio instead.

Instructions on how to analyse the situation are detailed in a similar earlier thread

You could also run Telstra's Smart Troubleshooting tool, which will:

• Run automated tests to resolve your query online, and if we can't fix it, skip the queue to talk to someone directly.
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Speed is not the main factor in being able to connect to your modem via wifi.

Signal strength is the main factor. Is your Telstra TV unit out in the open, or is it in a TV cabinet (which will reduce the signal strength)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
anneabell
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I rebooted Telstra TV and it is working now but this has been intermittently occurring.  My modem is out ON an open small table. Internet is touch and go where I live suddenly it will stop working or run slow. I run speed test etc last time Telstra notice an issue then say will monitor then claim they monitor my NBN service for 24 hours then next day get txt message from them saying they can't find anything wrong.