Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Unable to connect to bigpond content server.

I'm currently having difficulty trying to connect to a content server for unmetered steam downloads. The IP is 203.39.198.136 -> steam.content.bigpondgames.com

When I enter in command line "ping 203.39.198.136" it returns "Request timed out". The DNS selections I have is 61.9.211.1 and 61.9.211.33. I've tried switching the DNS to Sydney's addresses but the results are still the same.

This has been going on for a few weeks now and I'd like to know if it's my end or not, and if it is only my problem, what can I do to fix it? There is a post on the whirlpool forum with some users experiencing the same problem.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Unable to connect to bigpond content server.

The sad news is, that Bigpond Games is no longer, it's been closed:

Games.jpg

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Highlighted

I know about the gameNOW shutting down but wasn't the IP from gamearena? Because I remember reading something on steam that there were 2 gamearena content servers running but it would seem that they changed page and made servers non-viewable.

Highlighted

Hi Hagge, mate try this link and see how you go, just let me know....

http://www.gamearena.com.au/servers/

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Highlighted

I can view the gamearena website ... just can't connect to the server. Can you try ping 203.39.198.136 and tell me your results? because I'm not able to connect at all -_-

Highlighted

OK, done that, hope this information helps you, I'll be away for about 20 minutes, got to pick the grandkids up from School, let me know any progress.

Ping.jpg

Highlighted

So, how did you go on those results of mine?

Highlighted

I guess it's just me then Smiley Sad. Currently trying to contact a technician about it.

pingforga.PNG

Highlighted

Sounds like that's the go then, sorry I couldn't be of anymore help. Good luck with it.

Highlighted

Been thinking a bit more about your issue. Maybe your IP address is being blocked by the sites firewall for some reason or other.

You could try using a proxy server to see if you gain access.

Try restarting your Modem

if the firewall has blocked your IP address, by getting a new one, you should be unblocked from the website ““ unless of course that IP address is blocked as well. I should not have to explain how to restart your modem, but turning it off for 10 seconds and back on should do the trick.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit