Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to connect VPN in a Velocity Smart Community

HI, I have recently moved into a new house in a Telstra Velocity Smart Community. I have brought my own modem/router (Draytek) which I have changed no settings accept of couse the username and password to connect to the internet.

At my previous address, on iinet ADSL2+, all was working, my boss in Sydney had a VPN set up to connect to one of my pc's here and I was able to use VNC to remote in to the same pc while I was travelling. Now we find we cannot. I can't even ping the ip from outside. I have installed Team Viewer on that pc here and through that we can remote in, but unfortunately Team Viewer disrupts some of our legacy software and therefore is not an option, is also doesn't solve the VPN problem.

It seems to me (and I'm a bit of a novice) that the ip is firewalled somewhere by Telstra?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Unable to connect VPN in a Velocity Smart Community

Hi Bruvy2002,

As iiNet don't do static IPs for residential services, does your modem have a DDNS service configured to it?

Have you applied for a Static IP for your Velocity service? If not, this can be done via My BigPond or by calling the Accounts team on: 1800 TFIBRE (1800 834 273)

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit