Level 1: Cadet

unable to contact telstra on the phone or chat

Answered

i am finding it impossible to talk to someone in Telstra over the phone or chat?

my contract finished in July and i was told i was being moved to NBN on a month to month on a discounted rate and i find out i am still on ADSL on the same discounted rate i should be on the NBN?? I would like to sort this out but where the hell are Telstra customer service people. On the phone my call is getting cut automatically after some options redirecting to some stupid app and on chat after choosing some options that pop up i am once again being redirected to an app. 

It also seems like they put me on a contract until March 2021 that i am not aware of???

If i cannot sort this out soon enough i am canceling Telstra internet and moving to Vodafone, TPG, or Aussie Broadband.

WTFFF Telstra????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: unable to contact telstra on the phone or chat

Send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It may take a few hours to get a response, but you will receive a notification through the app.

The old 24 month plans all move to month to month when they expire. If you didn't explicitly request to be migrated to the NBN, then the message you received was probably the generic one as they all refer to NBN these days. You need to initiate the request to be migrated, Telstra is not permitted to initiate it (they can prompt you to, but not actually place the order with NBN Co until you request it).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It may take a few hours to get a response, but you will receive a notification through the app.

The old 24 month plans all move to month to month when they expire. If you didn't explicitly request to be migrated to the NBN, then the message you received was probably the generic one as they all refer to NBN these days. You need to initiate the request to be migrated, Telstra is not permitted to initiate it (they can prompt you to, but not actually place the order with NBN Co until you request it).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for responding Jupiter. I was losing my mind over dismal Telstra customer support, services, plans, etc.

They moved me on to $ 90 ADSL plan that does not exist. It was meant to be $ 90 NBN 50 plan according to an email from Telstra that was sent to me at the end of a 2 year contract. The same ADSL plan is available for $ 80 on Telstra website with a $ 10 credit effectively costing $ 70. Telstra takes loyal customers and uninformed people like old people for suckers and scams them. 

Anyway i am leaving Telstra for good. I am getting $ 55 Vodafone NBN 25 unlimited data month to month plan as opposed to Telstra offer to me ,a loyal customer, $ 90 ADSL plan that is available to anyone on Telstra website for a discounted price of $ 70. They give names like 'in market plans' etc. and justify overcharging and ripping off loyal customers. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit