scrapgecko
Level 1: Cadet

Unable to get Telstra connected - not happy about lack of service!

Hi everyone, I hope someone can suggest what to do next in my quest to switch from Optus to Telstra for home phone & cable broadband.  Sorry, but this is a tale of complete stuff ups with techs and I am not sure where to call next.  At each stage I have rung the 132200 number with varying degrees of assistance.

I had a functioning Telstra connection when I changed to Optus 4 years ago so figured it would be simple, how wrong could I be?

- a booking was made to have a tech come & install my new cable broadband;

- the tech came Monday 16/10 to connect the cable broadband - he couldn't do that because he couldn't find the existing Telstra line into the house.

- on Tuesday, Telstra took over my home phone (without checking the line) but as there wasn’t a line in I lost the home phone!

- another tech arrived Wednesday, but still wasn’t able to connect either my home phone or install the broadband cable

- I was told by an online person that a booking for Monday 22/10 was made as this was the earliest they could get someone out to fix the home phone line. 

- on visiting a Telstra shop, I was told there was no such booking in the system so a new one was made & an offer to divert my home phone to my mobile

- Tuesday 23/10, the home phone functional.  The line had been there all the time & was a simple connection!

- rang the 13 number again & 2 guys from civil arrived 24/10 (booking time window was incorrectly given to me).  The 2 guys wired up my electricity pole for an overhead cable connection but only seemed to put in a bit of conduit half way up the pole.

- yet another call made an arrangement for a tech to come this afternoon (27/10) – but he didn’t turn up & I received no phone call.  There was a storm coming but at least a call could have been made.

I am totally unhappy with the service I have received & but still want the fast broadband.  Any suggestions?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Unable to get Telstra connected - not happy about lack of service!

Hi Scrapgecko,

I can certainly see that this has been a frustrating experience for you.

I will sent you a private message so that you can provide your details and we will keep you posted as we investigate this for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit