Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Unable to see Telstra NBN wireless on Windows 10 laptop

Answered

I've recently obtained a Toshiba laptop with Windows 10. I have a Telstra Smart Moden Gen 2. I have multiple devices throughout the house which can see and connect to the wireless with no issues. 

My windows 10 laptop is unable to see my telstra modem wireless connection. I can however see all my neigbours modems. I've fully updated the entire laptop with all windows updates. i've uninstalled the the wireless adapter in device manager and ensured the device was updated. I've logged into the modem and disabled band steering in an effort to resolve this issue. I've disabled the windows firewall and defender with no help. 

I've searched heaps of different forums with no success. Could someone please help, I'm currently out of options. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to see Telstra NBN wireless on Windows 10 laptop

What is the model of your Lap top and what is the model of the modem? There are two Gen 2 modems one made by Arcadyan (LH1000) and the other by Technicolor (DJA0231).

Some laptops only support 2.4GHz WiFi and some of the Technicolor modem is tend to develop a fault with the 2.4 GHz WiFi.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the assistance, I checked the devices and all are currently connected on the 5Ghz wireless. I reckon your right, I’ll contact Telstra. Cheers 

@cf4 wrote:

The laptop only support 2.4 GHz WiFi. If you log into the modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra) and go to Advanced > Devices there is a list off all connected devices and how they are connected. If all the WIFi devices show 5GHz then the 2.4 GHz WiFi is faulty and you should contact Telstra support and lodge a fault. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

What is the model of your Lap top and what is the model of the modem? There are two Gen 2 modems one made by Arcadyan (LH1000) and the other by Technicolor (DJA0231).

Some laptops only support 2.4GHz WiFi and some of the Technicolor modem is tend to develop a fault with the 2.4 GHz WiFi.

Highlighted

Hey, thanks for the reply. I have a satellite L50-A. The modem is a DJA0231

Highlighted

The laptop only support 2.4 GHz WiFi. If you log into the modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra) and go to Advanced > Devices there is a list off all connected devices and how they are connected. If all the WIFi devices show 5GHz then the 2.4 GHz WiFi is faulty and you should contact Telstra support and lodge a fault. 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the assistance, I checked the devices and all are currently connected on the 5Ghz wireless. I reckon your right, I’ll contact Telstra. Cheers 

@cf4 wrote:

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit