Chuck71
Level 2: Rookie

Unable to use WEbEx on my Telstra NBN

Answered

Smart People

I have noticed that I every time I am on my wifi and I open the WebEx App on my 2018 15" MAcBook Pro that the app opens but is offline.  

Is there a setting in the modem I need to change to allow WebEx to safely connect - I suspect it is some sort of security setting that Telstra has on the modem that is preventing it.

I can log on easily using my mobile but I would prefer to use the home wifi.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide....Carl.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to use WEbEx on my Telstra NBN

The problem is probably due to Telstra Broadband protect blocking the site used by WebEX. You can bypass Telstra Broadband protect by changing both IPv4 and IPv6 DNS. If you have the Telstra Smart modem you can do this by logging into modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra), go to Advanced > Local Network, select a non Telstra DNS from drop down list and save settings. Repeat for IPv6 and then disconnect and reconnect your device. Image below is for the Arcadyan modem. The Technicolor modem is similar.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
cf4
Accepted Solution

The problem is probably due to Telstra Broadband protect blocking the site used by WebEX. You can bypass Telstra Broadband protect by changing both IPv4 and IPv6 DNS. If you have the Telstra Smart modem you can do this by logging into modem (http://192.168.0.1, password is Telstra), go to Advanced > Local Network, select a non Telstra DNS from drop down list and save settings. Repeat for IPv6 and then disconnect and reconnect your device. Image below is for the Arcadyan modem. The Technicolor modem is similar.

View solution in original post

Chuck71
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks cf4 - now I have no excuse to miss a work meeting.  Have a great day...Carl.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit