Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Upgrade to DOCSIS3 - what is wrong with Telstra?

We have had endless problems with our wifi connections for about 18 months.  I have made many, many phone calls to Telstra and have been transferred from one person to another and often on the phone for over 1 hour.

Having had no wifi for 3 days I phoned Telstra and they arranged for a technician to come, as soon as he saw the Etherneat Modem he said "you should have a DOCSIS3 Modem, I can't believe no one at Telstra has even thought of this before."

He gave me a phone number which he said would connect to the Sales Department straight away and it would take about 10 minutes to order the new modem and have the plan upgraded.

No such luck, another hour on the phone to Telstra, the third person I spoke to said I needed to speak to someone from the Sales Deparmtent but eveyone was busy.  He assured me that he would phone me back between 4.30PM and 5.00OM - it's now 6.40PM and have not received a phone call.

Iwork from home so I rely on having wifi connection.

The Technician that came this morning just shook his head and could not belive the situation.

I was guaranteed a call back but NOTHING.  The particular people I speak to are polite but I achieve nothing by spending over one hour on the phone.  If I added up the hours I have spent on the phone to Telstra over the last 18 months it would be a very substantial amount of time and frustration.  

I don't want to start my day tomorrow by phoning Telstra and having to explain the situation again from the very start, I have had enough.

This matter will be referred to the Ombudsman.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Upgrade to DOCSIS3 - what is wrong with Telstra?

Hi Ringerz, my apologies for the poor experience in trying to order this DOCSIS 3.0 modem. If you're still yet to be contacted as offered I can help follow up with the consultant you were speaking with - were you provided with any reference numbers for the return call? (These reference numbers may start with 'INT-1' or 'SR-1'). If not, a return call can also be arranged via http://tel.st/LeaveItWithUs

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Greg,

Thank you so much for replying to my post.  I was sent an SMS on my phone with a link to use to get back in touch.

I used that on Monday after 5PM and have not heard from anyone.

The only number at the end of the link is D751383.

I had no time yesterday to phone Telstra but I phoned the closest Telstra store to where live, the man I spoke to said he had never heard of a DOCSIS3 modem but they had another one which was $210.00 to purchase.

Telstra sent me a survey about my experience with Telstra, I filled in that survery yesterday and said the issue was unresolved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I feel I am constantly banging my head against a brick wall dealing with Telstra.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Ringerz,

I have sent you a private message requesting further details Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

On Monday I had spoken with 2 people and was waiting to be transferred to someone in the Sales Department, the Technician who came to the house gave me a number and he said that would be a direct number to the Sales Department -  137663, Bigpond Upgrade.

That phone number took me to the usual Telstra call centre, it was after being on the phone for 1 hour they then established I needed to speak to someone in the Sales Department which was the point I was trying to make to the 2 people I was speaking to initially.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for providing those details via private message Ringerz, I have contacted the consultant you mentioned in your previous post and have asked that they contact you as soon as they can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit