akumammx
Level 2: Rookie

Upgrading existing bundle without locked in another 24 months contract

Answered

Hi,

I have an existing bundle plan with telstra for years. I would like to upgrade my bundle plan for more download data as my needs have changed over the years. Therefore I have called the customer services to enquire about the process to have it upgraded. However I was told that an upgrade will re-lock me into another 24 months contract...

That's frustrating...I am not leaving Telstra anytime soon and I certainly will pay the increase of monthly payment. I really don't want to lock into another contract (as NBN construction is due to complete at my place in the next month or so). I am seriously thinking to have NBN with Telstra as my provider as well..

Locking into a contract means no flexibility in changing of needs. I am a Telstra fan anyway, keeping lock customers into an 24 months contract (obviously a way to keep customers) reduce my confidence in Telstra. Especially most other reasonable providers offering convenient upgrade to existings customers (that applies to most mobile phone, broadband plans).

Please help.

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
akumammx
Accepted Solution

Re: Upgrading existing bundle without locked in another 24 months contract

Hi Drat,

I called Telstra today and got it done. Funny this time the person was really happy to do a plan change for me and he did mention that I can change my plan once per month.

I think Telstra really needs to train the other help desk staff as I have received inconsistent information.

All good now. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

Which specific Bundle do you currently have?

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
akumammx

Hi Drat,

I am currently on the "Telstra Home™ SAVER Bundle - 100GB". I am thinking to upgrade to a 200GB bundle if possible.

Drat
Level 22: Superhuman

Therefore I have called the customer services to enquire about the process to have it upgraded. However I was told that an upgrade will re-lock me into another 24 months contract...

I am currently on the "Telstra Home™ SAVER Bundle - 100GB".

Refer the customer service consultant to section 3.113 of Part C – Old Bundles Not Available for New Sales in the Home Bundles section of Our Customer Terms:

3.113You may move to a Bundle that is available to new customers once per month. If you move to a Bundle which includes a FOXTEL from Telstra service you will need to restart your 24 month term.

That means you should be able move to a T-Bundle without having to restart a 24-month minimum contract term, as long as you don't go from including FOXTEL from Telstra to not including it (or vice versa).

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

The only thing to note is that you would then be subject to the new pricing, and not be able to go back to no longer offerred plans or pricing.

But Drat is right, you shouldn't have to restart your contract term 🙂

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

akumammx

Thansk Drat and Ben_F.

What's the best way to have Telstra to fulfill the terms as per contract. I will try to call their help desk again to see if I can talk them through it by referring to the above info.

I doubt the help desk person would make a call based on that. I hope I don't have to escalate.

akumammx
Accepted Solution

Hi Drat,

I called Telstra today and got it done. Funny this time the person was really happy to do a plan change for me and he did mention that I can change my plan once per month.

I think Telstra really needs to train the other help desk staff as I have received inconsistent information.

All good now. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit