Bjm2014
Level 1: Cadet

Upgrading to bigger broadband plan

Answered
I received a call today from telstra asking how my usage was going I mentioned to the operator that as our usage has been increasing I wanted to upgrade from my old 50gb connector scout bundle for $80 per month to the 100gb bundle for $100 per month
I was told that because I was on a discontinued plan there would be a $50 recontract fee I am 1/2 way through the 24 month contract shouldn't it at the worst case scenario just be a resigning for another 24 months especially considering that I will be spending more?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HollyGolightly
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Upgrading to bigger broadband plan

Yes technically if you want to change your spend level you can without it affecting your contract, what that salesperson was trying to do is re contract you on the new bundles which you dont have to. Stick to your guns. Talk to the lovely people over the online chat that are always helpful. 

~♡~ Remember good Kudos leaves good Karma ~♡~

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

Cold calls.. EWWW. Still there's nothing stopping you increasing your plan and not affect your contract.. Just be warned, if your contracted plan gets granfathered and you want to move back you'll end up on the same or higher plan (what ever it a liable)

Cheers,
Dave

HollyGolightly
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Yes technically if you want to change your spend level you can without it affecting your contract, what that salesperson was trying to do is re contract you on the new bundles which you dont have to. Stick to your guns. Talk to the lovely people over the online chat that are always helpful. 

~♡~ Remember good Kudos leaves good Karma ~♡~

View solution in original post

Bjm2014
Level 1: Cadet

Ok yeah will keep trying till I get someone worth talking to

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit