Level 1: Cadet

Upgrading to nbn questions

I currenty have telstra cable internet and foxtel as well as home phone

I have a question

1.my cable modem and telstra smart modem is in another room when i upgrade to the NBN will they( can they ) move the connection as i know that home phone will run via the smart modem and the current location where we have the modem as far away from where we currently have the home phone.

2. will getting the nbn effect my current foxtel via cable

thanks in advance

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Upgrading to nbn questions

Hi allstarpanther. 

You can move your connection point, but this may be charged at cost to you depending on what work needs to be done. If you'd like to relocate existing nbn equipment in your premises:

• We can contact nbn co on your behalf to request relocation of your Connection Box
  • If nbn co agrees to this, an appointment can take up to 12 weeks

You can still use Foxtel with NBN, as you have cable, you will likely be moved onto HFC cable, and get a splitter to supply your modem and Foxtel box with signal. 

For more information, you can see how this works here: "Moving to the nbn | What you need to know" -  https://tel.st/p5wuk;

Then you can place an order online here https://tel.st/swaby. This will go through and tell you what technology type you can get, and then what plan you want, and submit your order. Our NBN team will then contact you via phone or email with further details and confirm the connection timeframe and arrange a modem to be sent out for self installation or a technician visit if needed. Be sure to ask about moving your connection point as well.

Let me know how you go.  

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit