hazard1
Level 2: Rookie

Usage Meter Not working April 2020

Good afternoon.

Anyone else having issues with telstra NBN service usage meter. Mine stopped recording data in April around the time the 24/7 app was upgraded. Can see mobile data usage but NBN usage displayed as 0MB used all month and APRIL/MAY billing period currently showing 0MB after 7 days. On monthly usage chart April is not even showing goes straight  from March to May. Daily usage just results in an error"error retreiving details try again later", has been doing this for nearly 6 weeks.

Telstra are apparently to busy to even respond to my case raised to investigate.

Need to monitor usage for work from home tax claim.

Same issue if I log onto My account via PC, same error same lack of data usage info

cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Usage Meter Not working April 2020

As a response to COVID-19 Telstra has give all consumer grade Fixed line Broadband service unlimited data from 17 March to 30 June, that is why no data is being recorded.

Akela1
Level 3: Gumshoe

If that is the case then why do I receive and error message "There was an error retrieving your details. Please try again later" when accessing my usage.

I need to see how much my usage has changed during the Covid-19 lock-down.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You won't be able to see your usage as the data counters got turned off as they weren't needed. But the error means that it couldn't retrieve your account details.

If you want to check your usage, you will need to look at the modem stats or the data counter on your devices.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Akela1
Level 3: Gumshoe

If the counter is turned off, the option to see your usage should be turned off as well and appropriate messaging provided.

This is misleading!

If my account is in error, how do I go about correcting it?  Robo chat isn't working for me,

cf4

You should still be able to access the meters even they will show no data usage. Have you tried accessing the online meters from using a different browser or from another device?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit