Pete129
Level 1: Cadet

Usage meter not working - for months!

When I google 'Telstra usage meter not working' there are thousands of results so I guess I'm not alone. However those I opened all have "This thread is now archived and closed to new comments" so I'll try here.

Last month I received a Telstra email apologising for erroneous data usage records which led to my service being slowed. A few days ago I received another Telstra email saying my data allowance was 85% used, which couldn't possibly be correct. When I try to check my data use in MyTelstra, the message is "Something went wrong. We're having trouble showing your data usage for this service. Please try again in a few minutes". It's been like that for months. It shows an ancient date - Friday 5 February 2021.  I need this fixed, I don't want my service slowed down again nor to needlessly use another of my three annual top-ups, so I went to Telstra Help - twice.  All they could give, after 40 minutes, was a standard formulaic PR response "I understand your concern and I'm checked with your details and we apologize for the inconvenience. The software engineers have been trying for a fix but yet to be restored. Hopefully, it should be getting resolved as soon as possible."
Still waiting, still not working. This is nuts. Who can I turn to?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Usage meter not working - for months!

If it has been like that for months and Telstra Support have not addressed it then you could lodge a complaint with Telstra.

Emily99
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Usage meter not working - for months!

Have you spoken with our faults team about the excessive data usage at all @Pete129 ?

You can chat with them online via our app. Just jump onto the My Telstra App, and tap the "Get Help" menu icon.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit