Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Usage no longer showing

Answered

I signed up for Telstra Broadband 3 months ago. We had just moved house and it took a few weeks for me to organise the direct debit of the bill. My wife asked me to do it. I kept forgetting to do it. Anyway, the first bill was a week or so overdue. I made an immediate payment, then set up the direct debit. All good. Since then, I don't have any useage showing in My Account. Also, in Features/ free data topups (I have teenagers) it says I can't have any, because my bill is overdue. Which it's not. I know this, because I have contacted Telstra 3 times about this, via various methods. They keep telling me that a) my bill is not overdue and payments are working; and b) my problem is "Sorted". As you can see from the attachments, it's not. I waited until the next billing period rolled around on the 8th. Everything is still the same. So am I to guess that I will never see my useage again? And that come the next school holidays, I will not be able to get a topup? It seems pointless to call again - that's just too painful. Maybe I'm just unmetered . . . that could be good I suppose. Maybe I'm getting my neighbours wifi!

no tops for youScreen Shot 2016-05-11 at 4.10.32 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Usage no longer showing

There has been a listed fault against the usage meter for a while now... if you are affected by the fault then you are just not going to be being metered... if that is the case you are lucky and don't have to worry.

If you are being metered and just not having it displayed, you would still get the alert emails, and if you did reach your allowance you would be able to get the top-ups but they would need to be applied by an agent by phone or livechat.... as annoying as that is...

If there is an issue with the billing records against your account it may take a while to fix itself... mine took about 2 months to realise I wasn't overdue when I was overdue because the credits they had applied were not actually applying to the account...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hi there,

I have experienced the same problem since ena March 2016! You can read all about my saga at FrustratedX1000.

In themeanwhile, I have received at least half a dozen emails from Telstra with regards to this problem: quoting problem numbers, so on and so forth. Today I received yet another notification from Telstra with a new "enquiry reference number" and Telstra website named: You have my number. This site then offered a call back within 2 hours to a nominated phone number. I duly completed the form and clicked: Request a callback.

The reply to my Request a callback was: We are unable to call back, please contact Telstra.....

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

There has been a listed fault against the usage meter for a while now... if you are affected by the fault then you are just not going to be being metered... if that is the case you are lucky and don't have to worry.

If you are being metered and just not having it displayed, you would still get the alert emails, and if you did reach your allowance you would be able to get the top-ups but they would need to be applied by an agent by phone or livechat.... as annoying as that is...

If there is an issue with the billing records against your account it may take a while to fix itself... mine took about 2 months to realise I wasn't overdue when I was overdue because the credits they had applied were not actually applying to the account...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Enjoy the unlimited data!

Highlighted

Yay! Thanks all. Not really a solution, but I know it's in the works.
Highlighted

Okay, so I have the same thing, no usage showing. I have Cable without speed boost. I would say yay to unmetered, but I don't use that much.

And the speed and reliability sucks lately.

Couldn't say if its related, but there was an outage a while ago after a power failure. Then I activated Air as a potential work around. Then I deactivated it. Its been different since the power outage I think.

Also, as we speak I have an unauthorised device by the name of occam on my network. Nice.

Also my billings go from February, March, April, May straight to July

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

My usage data has not been available to me for several months either via app or web login.

Through web I have been able to see past overall monthly usage after the fact.... Only found that once after digging a big deeper, but nothing through the apps.

Can't be bothered ringing Telstra about it, have had my fill of waiting online and getting run-a-rounds.  😠

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi cws127

Do you have a Cable service with us? If so, the above applies to your service. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Steph, has been the same for me ever since I renewed my service for adsl2 a month or 2 back
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Taffsy82,

Sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your usage meter, too. We don't have any reports that there is anything wrong with the ADSL usage meters.

I would suggest you have a chat to our tech support team about this. You can contact them either via LiveChat here:  http://tel.st/gq6m or by calling 133 933.

Please let us know how you get on.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit