Level 2: Rookie

VDSL DHCP down

Answered

Hi all, Telstra or NBN decided they would do some upgrades on the lines today and since it has been "completed". Our VDSL is showing connected but we're not getting any IP address from Telstra's side. 3/4G doesn't work here so dead in the water unless you use Optus so I'm trying to get some help. Been waiting 40+ minutes for someone from telstra support to respond but nothing so far. Will take some screenshots while I wait for a response, constantly swapping between Router and optus hotspot for now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: VDSL DHCP down

Aaand a 10th reboot has now brought it up.

No further response required. Thanks

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3

Ok in the meantime it's trying to come up but I'm still getting nothing on device side. Router says it can ping out to DNS but pinging from PC or phone etc. is giving me unreachable. currently rebooting.

Accepted Solution

Aaand a 10th reboot has now brought it up.

No further response required. Thanks

View solution in original post

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

@Offshoresux 

Is it only the modem or do normal phones have no signal from the Telstra network. A few of the modem's have incorrectly provisioned SIM cards or faulty LTE units. Check the Go to Advanced > Internet > LTE. If SIM is not valid or Status has no device detected then the 4G backup on modem is faulty. See first image in section 25 of the document linked in the post for the normal state of the LTE unit.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telstra-Smart-Modem-Gen-2-Arcadyan-version-LH...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit