Tawkins
Level 1: Cadet

Velocity community set up

Hello

i have just received a new modem and I read in the instruction book that the light in the front should be solid green but it stays blue. How can I get this to go green. The internet works but it’s not a  great speed.

Thanks 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Velocity community set up

The blue light means that your modem is working in 4G backup mode and that your cabled connection is not working. It may be that there is a fault, or that your Velocity connection hasn't been activated yet. You will need to contact Telstra to get it checked out. You can try the troubleshooter at https://fix.telstra.com (which will put you through to a consultant if it can't get you up and running) or you can send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred tot eh queue to chat with a human. You can mark the message as urgent by tapping on the three dots in the top right of the messaging screen. It can take a few hours to get a response and you get a notification through the app.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit