Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Velocity internet Speed Boost very slow...

Last night i got my Speed Boost activated through live chat..

I am finding no difference and still in my account its showing as Inactive.. and still i am getting really low line speeds Smiley Sad

I spoke to someone else on Live Chat this morning and was informed the process is complete and all i need to do is restart my modem.

But i am still yet to see anty difference at all

Speed Test

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: Velocity internet Speed Boost very slow...

Little update.. the status on my account now is showing as Active

SP1.jpg

but i am not seeing any improvements in speed at all... even after restarting my modem/router and computers.. 

I am getting around the same speed test reulsts over wifi and ethernet there is no difference on any device i test with Smiley Sad

T2

Highlighted

Am still getting slow speeds, i have tried following the troubleshooting steps Telstra offer and nothing had any affect at all Smiley Sad

Whether it be on my Desktop which is connected via Ethernet to modem, Laptop which is conncected by WiFi or mobile phone they all give same results when doing a speed.. Even with only one of them connceted at a time nothing changes..Smiley Sad

Spoiler
General Info
Chat start time ***** 5:47:56 AM EST
Chat end time ***** 6:19:57 AM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:32:01
OperatorAgent

Chat Transcript
Agent:
This will be the superfast speed bost that will cost you $20 per month and this will be upto 100/40Mbps are we good about this Nixroc?
Nixroc: yes sounds good
Alright: more patience please let me finish the order process stay online.

Untitled.jpg

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Nixroc

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with your service speed on Velocity.
Did you have a reference number handy for the conversation you had to have the speed boost activated?

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I do yes "1-1108165944947" when checking the status of it, it comes up as complete
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Nixroc

Thanks for the reference.

Based on details there, it looks like the location may be suffering from congestion.

In saying that, Are you able to restart your modem now and let me know what the speeds are now like?

- Matt

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

I am at work at the moment when I get home I will do and post an update thank you
Highlighted

Restarted my modem and everything seems to be so much better now..!

Untitled1.jpg

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Fantastic to hear Nixroc, thanks for the update. 

Kind Regards 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I am having the same issue.

Activated speed boost for 2 days but still getting less than 10mb/s 

most time of the day.

my confirmation number 1-1117413542553

please help

Support Team
Support Team

Hi willis36clone, 

Has this since completed for you? 

Highlighted

yes the speed is less than 20m/s always

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@willis36clone

Have you spoken to the Velocity Tech Team about the speed issue?

If not, you can reach them on 1800 008 994

- Matt

Highlighted

@DeltaSquad I’ve also applied for a speed boost and it has been “activated” without any change in speed, reference number is 1-1247734251854

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit