Hoskins_Bob
Level 1: Cadet

Velocity Smart Community slow speed

Answered
I am paying $100 Per month for a premium service, supposed to be 100/5. I am constantly seeing 20/5, this makes things difficult as I work from home and have to frequently use VPNs to connect to my operations networks. We weren't given the choice of provider as Telstra had done a deal with the developer. Your operations are the same as British Telecom, lousy customer service, if you can actually find the correct number to call, but claim to be the best provider in the land. Someone please contact me before I take matters to the Ombudsmen.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Velocity Smart Community slow speed

I know that they have been doing upgrades to the velocity network currently from previous advise to try and work on the speeds being experienced, unfortunately these sorts of works do take time, I believe i read 12-18 months was the expected timeframe and that was about 6 months ago I believe. Starting in the worst impacted areas.

That being said unfortunately as this is a public forum not a contact method there is generally little that can be done here other then general information, to speak to the support team you would need to call 1800 008 994, or if you aren’t able to get a suitable resolution via the support team you can lodge a complaint here; https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/feedback-complaints
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DrQ
Accepted Solution

I know that they have been doing upgrades to the velocity network currently from previous advise to try and work on the speeds being experienced, unfortunately these sorts of works do take time, I believe i read 12-18 months was the expected timeframe and that was about 6 months ago I believe. Starting in the worst impacted areas.

That being said unfortunately as this is a public forum not a contact method there is generally little that can be done here other then general information, to speak to the support team you would need to call 1800 008 994, or if you aren’t able to get a suitable resolution via the support team you can lodge a complaint here; https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/feedback-complaints
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

343GuiltySpark
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

There is congestion on the Velocity network and upgrades are underway to relieve the congestion. As this is a community forum, requests for contact cant be made here. You'll need to call 13 22 00 and say Velocity. Alternatively you can google Telstra online complaint and raise a complaint there.
I work for Telstra, but my opinions are my own and not that of Telstras

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit