Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Velocity to NBN Edenbrook Estate

I live in a velocity estate (Edenbrook estate, Norville Qld 4670). I keep getting letters from Telstra telling me to change over to NBN or I'll be disconnected. So I contacted Telstra who told me yes I need to change over and we organised a new bundle. Six weeks later nothing had happened so I rang again and they told me the order was cancelled although nobody bothered to tell me. Then I was told to contact Opticomm as Telstra aren't able to provide me with the service. Opticomm had no idea what they were talking about. So I contacted NBNco who told me that the provider is Telstra velocity. Everytime I ring Telstra 3 times now, they put me on hold while they go and ask someone else what to do with these Telstra velocity customers. I think they dont even know. NBNco's site says:

Services provided over the traditional landline networks, which will be disconnected in each area include:
Telstra Home/landline phone services (except some Telstra Velocity lines)

Can someone tell me if I need to change to an NBN or not?! Who provides the service, and if indeed it is Telstra afterall (which I suspect) can I change to a bigger bundle?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Velocity to NBN Edenbrook Estate

Hi Mulvy,

Welcome to CrowdSupport

The government-owned nbn™ network is being rolled out to provide Australians with access to a reliable broadband connection. Once the nbn™ network is available in your area, we can help you get set up with the broadband, home phone and internet services you want. nbn™ might need to install equipment in and outside your home, so we’ll help arrange your appointment so you can connect to the nbn™ network. Services will be switched off approximately eighteen (18) months from the date that the nbn is available in your area, and you will be contacted during this time to remind you to avoid any inconvenience.

More information about the nbn™, including what it is, what it means for you, the types of technology available and the bundles/plans that we offer can be found by searching your address at: https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/nbn

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit