KL50
Level 1: Cadet

Velocity

Hi there. I live on a Velocity housing estate. I had issues with my internet connection at the start of the year and a technician fixed it but I was also sent a new Telstra Smart Modem after it was fixed. I tried connecting it but it has only ever worked in backup mode. I also want to review my home internet plan but I can’t find any for Velocity.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Velocity

Did you enter your velocity user name and password into the modem?

KL50
Level 1: Cadet

Yes - all entered. I’ve tried a few times but just keep going back to my old modem which works fine. Just not sure why I was sent the new one and wonder if it isn’t compatible with Velocity. We don’t have 4 or 5G here yet either.

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - your new Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2 is compatible to the Velocity service - one of my friends has it working at his home. If your new modem doesn't get a successful connection from its red WAN port to the same LAN port that was used by your old modem on the Velocity connection box, it will revert to Back Up mode, front LED Blue, which is 4G - in your first post,  I had the impression that worked? It may also have a faulty WAN port? 

If you reconnect the new modem to the Velocity box as above and then turn power OFF from both devices, wait two minutes and then turn the Velocity box on first, wait for it to synchronise, then turn the Telstra modem back ON, what are the lights on the Velocity connection box and Telstra modem indicating? A photo may assist. 

Velocity services are under long term variation suspension pending future outcome of cable and network responsibilities settlement between Telstra and NBN - not aware of any recent update.  

cf4

With the Telstra modem connected to Velocity box is WAN / DSL light on. If its on could you post the Advanced > Diagnostics information. Also what is the firmware of the modem? The firmware is displayed on the top LHS of modem's log in screen.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit