Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Very slow internet speed

Answered

Problem started about a week ago. I'm on the standard NBN plan which is 25/5.

I was usually getting speeds of about 15/5 which was fine. This week I can barely get 3 down and the upload speed is generally higher. Nothing has changed on my end.

How has this happened?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution Solution Verified by Telstra

Re: Very slow internet speed

Step 1: factory reset the modem and see if that clears the problem.

Step 2: unplug everything and plug back in (preferably with different phone cord if you have one)

Step 3: go to outages.telstra.com on your mobile and run through the troubleshooting routine. It will give you a reference number at the end that you ca give to the consultant that you will speak to in step 4.

Step 4: call 1800 834 273 and speak to a consultant. It looks like a typical line fault, but by running through steps 1-3 you can save a bit of time (and possibly rectify the problem if you are lucky).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution Solution Verified by Telstra

Step 1: factory reset the modem and see if that clears the problem.

Step 2: unplug everything and plug back in (preferably with different phone cord if you have one)

Step 3: go to outages.telstra.com on your mobile and run through the troubleshooting routine. It will give you a reference number at the end that you ca give to the consultant that you will speak to in step 4.

Step 4: call 1800 834 273 and speak to a consultant. It looks like a typical line fault, but by running through steps 1-3 you can save a bit of time (and possibly rectify the problem if you are lucky).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Ive done step 2 and step 3 already I'll try the factory reset and if that doesn't work I'll contact them by phone.

Thanks for the help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit