Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

What do you do when telstra lies to you?

On Friday last (2/10/15) a Telstra staff member told me that a Dispute Notice had been raised with the NBN regarding Fixed Wireless connection at my place. (see my earlier post re FW Signal Strength if you like)

Today, i have been told be another staff member (a so called Case Manager) that no Dispute has been raised and that Telstra cannot do so. He says I must do it myself.

But I've tried that already, only to be told by NBN that I can't make a complaint about getting connected because I am not their customer - NBN says Telstra is the Customer.

Round and round we go. Catch 22 !!!

This is really one for the Ombudsman !!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: What do you do when telstra lies to you?

Hello Chris,

Why don't you try resolving this through Telstra 24/7 Live Chat   https://livechat.telstra.com/TCOM:Crowdsupport:Consumer

You may be able to solve any issues.

Many thanks

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted

Thank you for the suggestion. I have lodged a Complaint via the Telstra Business Complaints page.
I don't have much confidence that 24/7 Chat would solve this one - very nice people there but they don't have much authority to resolve issues.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

If you can get the corect answer to this question let us all know, As all I get is lies and then when I complain the answer is "We will escalate the issue so that it doent happen again"

I dont mind when things break down or there is a stuff up, but it really make me MAD AS HELL when Telstra dose not tell me the truth.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I went to the TIO, the local media and local MP and received a letter from Macolm Turnbull Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Level 20: Director

I went to the then Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, after being lied to, and she visited the Telstra Store personally to beat the crap out of the dude that lied to me. ROTFPMPLMAO!!!!!!!!! Smiley LOLSmiley LOL J/K moderators. I want @coffeefrappe, my second favorite mod, to see this one. LMAO! Smiley Very Happy

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.
Highlighted

Received an EXCELLENT response from a Telstra Help person in Newcastle. He was right on the ball with this. Solved all the current problems and I even have a new Case manager. Thanks Telstra.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit