Iwasconed
Level 4: Private Eye

What happened to the data usage

Answered

Hi, it is going on for 3 months and I still can not see data uasge in myaccounts..Telstra keeps saying use the app well did that got hit with a lot of adds and lots of other unuseful stuff.When I finaly get to my account same thing there, no data usage shown.Try to make contact and one just gets sent in circles. I can send complaints, no answers, try to ring no answers, get a sms from telstra try to send one back ,,says no sms available on this number???.Seems Telstra has used this covid19 as a great excuse to cut them selves off from their customers.They now don't have to deal with any complaints or problems ,,just take our money and we have to put up with any crap system they want to throw at us.Also what happened to the bull**bleep** upgrade to the NBn FTTN that can't supply what they claim. FTTC to replace FTTN if we upgrade.I pay for a 25Mbps and all I get is 3MBps on a good day [1.2Klm of copper]  ...Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Iwasconed
Accepted Solution

Re: What happened to the data usage

Hi ,I am on 25 and only get 3 if that will make it more clear, and no wonder they got rid of the meters so now they can charge for what ever they like and we can't prove any different.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The data meters were turned of in March as part of Telstra's response to covid 19, Telstra provided all fixed line customers with unmetered data.

Is MBps a typo as 3 MBps is equivalent to 24 Mbps (8 bits in a Byte)

Iwasconed
Accepted Solution

Hi ,I am on 25 and only get 3 if that will make it more clear, and no wonder they got rid of the meters so now they can charge for what ever they like and we can't prove any different.

View solution in original post

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Hello

Well, a few paragraphs would make it easier to read !

I absolutely agree about using the virus situation as an excuse to make customer service more digital. I read a year ago that they wanted to minimise phone contact, and this is a golden opportunity.

You certainly have a speed problem.

Firstly, try this troubleshooter via the link below.

https://fix.telstra.com/smart-troubleshooting/u/skip-login

If you are using WiFi to speed test, try using an ethernet cable if the device will allow.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Iwasconed

Hi, Plus thanks for your explanation on things .While I acknowledge your imformation it is not a solution to my problem that is some thing telstra needs to fix ,even though I know they never will, this has been going on for ten years.Only getting worse not improving I only hope what I hear about Apple going for mass satilites and cheap fast internet.Might knock telstra off their perch. I would go to another ISP if it would change things, but it does not I have tried that in the past.Still on the same **bleep** line ectra  that is owned by telstra. Untill they put fiber to the house nothing will change. .The madness of it all is that fiber runs past our house and they connect us to a node 1.2 Klm away on the old stuffed copper.. Cheers and have a great Christmas and a better New Year.

Frenzy
Level 2: Rookie

Hi, my understanding was that they were re metering data as of a few months back? I also have the problem of not being able to see my usage .

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit