LJR1
Level 2: Rookie

When will my wifi be working again? I'm in the Willoughby area NSW.

My wifi hasn't been working for a week or so. When I finally got through to someone they told me they'd send me a message where I could click on a link to get back in touch if/when I needed to. They also told me the Northbridge exchange was being fixed and scheduled for completion at 3pm last Friday. I was told I'd be notified when it was operational again and I'd simply need to restart my modem & everything should work again. Finally they told me I could use the link to call back & ensure there was an adjustment to my account for the time I have been without Internet. I never received any message with a link and still haven't had my wifi restored. Has anyone else had this problem?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
techcrowdie

Re: When will my wifi be working again? I'm in the Willoughby area NSW.

Sounds more like no connection rather than WiFi - matches my issue where I can't activate my brand new cable modem on a previously working cable service ... because (for a week) there is a "National Outage for all new cable services ..." apparently due to an upgrade!!!  I am told - wait and see - no estimate on repair time ...

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Can you bring up the homepage of your router?

If you haven't restarted your modem, switch it off then back on again and see if your internet is back up and working.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
LJR1

Yes, I've restarted it several times since Friday hoping it would be up again but that's not the case.
Jupiter

But can you access the homepage of your router?  Trying to figure out whether there is a problem with your wifi or your internet.

If your wifi isn't working, then you wouldn't know if your internet is.  If your wifi is working, then there is probably a problem with your internet connectivity.  They are 2 seperate issues.

Can you post a screenshot of your modem's status page so that we can see what it is saying about your internet connection?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
LJR1

I don't know how to get to the homepage of my router. I don't really know what that is. I didn't have to go to the homepage of the router when it was installed originally. It was plugged in, appeared in the wifi selection on different devices, we entered the password and were connected.
Jupiter

Is it appearing on the wifi selection now?

The homepage could be a number of things. http://m.home or http://10.0.0.138 are common ones.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit