hellow
Level 1: Cadet

When will NBN HFC be available and what speed can I expect for ADSL?

Hi there, I am about to move into a house where it is covered by NBN HFC. Obviously HFC is not available at the moment so I was wondering if there was any update as to when NBNco will start taking order for HFC again? In the meantime, my only option is ADSL (or mobile broadband but thought this may not be the best option if I was only after a temporary solution). What is the typical speed I can expect for telstra's ADSL? Is this sufficient for Netflix? Thanks in advance.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: When will NBN HFC be available and what speed can I expect for ADSL?

I read today that NBN is about to resume HFC and they have some 31,000 connections waiting.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Hellow. 

Typical ADSL speed ranges from 1.5mbps to 20mbps. Speed will depend on your proximity to the exchange providing the connection. 

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi hellow.

Just checking in to see if you need a further hand?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit