fanez
Level 2: Rookie

Where do I go with this - Case Managers are a joke

Need some advice. The long and short of it is that I migrated to Telstra NBN from Telstra cable in January 2019. Big mistake!  

Since the migration I was without a home phone for 3 months and the internet for 2 months due to a botched Telstra migration. Telstra blamed NBN and visa versa.  To add insult to injury Telstra charged for new equipment phone number migration and multiple other incorrect charges.

After no resolution with Telstra, a complaint was registered with the TIO. TIO"s response was that I will need to wait 5-7 weeks before they can look at the case. 16 weeks later still nothing from the TIO. In the interim Telstra assigned a case manager after they received the TIO complaint.

Every time I contact the case manager I am put through to case management reception ( after a 30-minute wait ) with the promise that I will be contacted. No contact ever made. Complain again, another case manager assigned the same result.  Of course, everything managed out India by Telstra ( Wipro )

To add insult to injury Telstra then suspend all services due to the account being in arrears even though I am told by the accounts department that my account is on hold due to the disputes. All non-disputed services were of course up to date and paid for. 

Vent Over !

In summary - 1 TIO complaint, 2 useless case managers, over $1000.00 in dispute and 16.2 hours spent on the phone trying to get resolution on this. I am open to any suggestions, next steps on my side will be to raise an invoice for the charges in question, bill for my time and make this a civil claim against Telstra 

Case Manager = No value and definitely not acting in the interest of the public 

TIO - Toothless and overwhelmed 

I am not surprised people call Telstra - Helstra 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Where do I go with this - Case Managers are a joke

Hi @fanez

Certainly doesn't sound like you've had a good experience.

In  most cases, customers can expect contact asap however this does usually occur within 5 business days & we aim to resolve within 10 business days. 

Do you have the complaint reference number handy? 

These look similar to SR 1-XXXXXXXXXXXXX.

I'm happy to follow up with the team that manages complaints to request contact on your behalf. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

fanez

Hi Shannon

Thanks appreciate the help - I have called the claim manager concerned Monday and Tuesday, the call is not answered and I have spent 90 minutes on hold.
SR number is 1-1908029961009

JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks @fanez and we are still working on this complaint for you. If they were not able to reach you, then we will try again. Alternatively, I can pass a message to your case manager. When is the best time to reach you?

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

fanez

Hi Jesse,
Difficult to give a time as my availability varies, late afternoon 4-5pm generally is best. otherwise try again.

Thanks
JesseS
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks, I will pass this on. I can't guarantee when they will be available to contact you but hopefully we can help to ensure that they reach you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

DuckDodgers
Level 20: Director

Long story short... if you aint under contract, move!

The beauty of the NBN is that you now have so many other providers to choose from. About a month ago i flipped my missues over from Telstra HFC to AussieBB NBN HFC and i swear it was the smoothest transition ever. Asked them to do it on a specific date, NBN tech came in did his job, rebooted the router and was instantly flipped to AussieBB.

I swear i reckon I spent more time on hold to cancel her Telstra service then getting her set up with AussieBB.

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Telstra, i simply work in the IT industry and my posts are from experiences.
If you don't want my help simply disregard my post.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit