Level 2: Rookie

Where is Telstra customer service for ADSL faults?

I've been into the store, they gave me another phone number to call.

I've worn out the 1,2,3 & 0 buttons on my phone from calling so much.

I hear the 'on hold' music when I sleep.

I've lost patience with the automated messaging bots stringing me along for hours at a time.

I've learnt that call centre responders are lying when they tell me that someone from Telstra will call me back.

I've installed the joke that is the Telstra app, it has zero value to a customer trying to get a service fault resolved.

I'm currently on hold for 2 hours & 30 mins, still waiting for a response for a fault that I've been reporting for weeks.

I was told 2 hours & 20 mins ago that I'd receive a call back in 30 mins.

At least 2 of my neighbours are affected by the same fault and have also been reporting it for weeks.

The fault no longer shows up on the Telstra Outages page, despite absolutely no change in fault & no call back or contact whatsoever.

The virtual messenger stopped responding to me 40 mins ago.

I don't know where else to look.

I've lodged a formal complaint, but at this stage I won't be holding my breath for a response.

So, where is Telstra customer service?

Does it even exist anymore?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Where is Telstra customer service for ADSL faults?

Telstra are focused on a self service support model, with assistance via the My Telstra app. It's frustrating I agree.

If you use the app, open it, log in, go to Get Help page, then click on the blue chat window. When Codi starts asking questions, type "Speak to a consultant" - you will go into a queue and you will be messaged back by a consultant some time later (could be a few hours). The response will be by message, so don't exit the app and keep notifications on, so you see the message come in. You will be in a chat with the consultant when you open it up.

You could also try  https://fix.telstra.com/    it works for some people, so it is worth a try..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Thanks Steve

I've tried both the app & chatting with Codi, with no success.

I hadn't specifically used the "speak to a consultant" line, however that's what was offered from the system. 

Still no response hours later when I gave up last night and went to bed.

Also tried your link previously which just ran me through the usual equipment fault finding before advising me to call Telstra.

Round & round I go.

Telstra self service support model has clearly been modeled on a merry-go-round.

Still absolutely no response from Telstra even after lodging formal complaints.

Neighbour has raised the issue with our federal MP, senator and federal minister for telecommunications.

Turns out there's actually about 42 local users without adsl service for weeks.

Absolute disgrace!

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for your ongoing patience with this @TelstraDGAF 

Do you see any outages when you search your address here?

https://tel.st/y7dj3

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Did you actually try the 'Speak to a consultant' method on the chat service?

Also, what sort of Telstra Modem do you have? Is it a Smart Modem? If so, force the modem to switch to 4G backup mode by unplugging the cable from the DSL port and waiting a few minutes..  4G Backup will possibly be slower than the full NBN service,  but might be better than what you are currently experiencing.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..

No outage was listed during the multiple times that I checked last week, but today it's showing an outage again.

It says it was confirmed on 26th & to be restored Dec 1st.

We'll see.

Still zero contact from Telstra in response to chat service requests, mobile app or even formal complaints.

I've given up sitting on hold or expecting the chat service to respond.

You guys here on CrowdSupport are the only responses I've had... other than from frustrated neighbours also trying in vain to get a response from Telstra.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, I've tried the 'Speak to a consultant' several times, to no avail.

Modem is Netgear DGN2200.

If I was the only one in the area with a problem (or if Telstra could confirm their network was ok) I'd try an alternative modem, but there's many local customers without ADSL at present.

Neighbour has a Smart Modem, but gets little to no signal inside his house.

Not sure how long it's going to last out in the weather where it gets a signal.

We're getting by just hot-spotting from mobiles, but it's not ideal. Nor does it remedy the service that I'm paying for, but not getting.

It's got to the point where I'm far more bothered by Telstra's utter lack of reply than the actual fault itself, which is now approaching 4 weeks.

Again, thanks for taking the time to help. 

Yes, it is a failing of the Smart Modem design that there are no external antenna ports.. Smiley Frustrated

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit