Perrychef
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Why cannot I log in SOMETIMES?

G'day,

I can log in as I just have to be able to ask a question. Why is it that sometimes when I try to find something on the net. I receive this Pop Up Sign. When I try to sign it I receive incorrect Pass Word.

Now I also need to ask why cannot I add an image?

Cheers Perry

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Why cannot I log in SOMETIMES?

With your sign in issue: where are you signing in? I am assuming on a browser but what addresses/pages are giving you the sign in message? are those addresses starting with https?  Not all web pages require a sign in, but 'protected' access for accounts etc. usually do.

When you do sign in OK, are you presented with an option to save your credentials (username and password)?

And your second issue about images is really worthy of a second separate post as it probably isn't related to sign in problems. It also needs a bit more explanation, what are you trying to do, where are you trying to do it for instance.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Perrychef

G'day Steve, I will try to explain.  If I am browsing the web. Say for instants I change from You Tube to Google sometimes this pop up appears but I cannot log on to it as it stated wrong user name or Pass word.  Yet when I log onto Telstra it lets me in.

As for the second part.  The photo is related to the question as that is the Pop Up I get. I resized it by 50%.  That must have been the problem Too Large.

Cheers Perry

SteveW_52

Where are you opening your Browser from and changing sites?  Which Browser are you using (Edge?)?

You do need to log in to Telstra for Telstra things, like crowdsupport, your account etc.. but when you finish with Telstra stuff, you can log out. It looks like you are logged in to your gateway and not directly to an external website.  Your Telstra details will only work for Telstra..

but you don't have to open it for other tasks. You can either open a new TAB (little + sign in the address bar)  or you can open the browser directly..  from a Desktop icon or from the Windows menu.  You can also modify the browser to NOT open the Telstra page by default. You should look at the settings available to you in the Browser itself (the three dots in the top right corner)..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Perrychef

G'day Steve,

I have got all of that & understood.

Thank you for your support.

I really appreciate your help.  Cheers Perry

Perrychef

Yes All is good now thank you Steve,

SteveW_52

Thanks for the update..  it great you have posted here that things are working for you now. Glad to have assisted you.

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit