Rolly99
Level 1: Cadet

Why does my internet keep dropping out?

Far to often my the internet connection of my computer seems to drop out and disappear.
I have a wi-if connection from the modem to my computer, my computer can always detect the network, and more often than not it can connect to it. How ever, some times there is an internet connection and sometimes there isn't. Often when it does get a connection, it will lose it in a random period of time, and not seem to regain it.
This doesn't seem to be a problem with any other wi-fi connected devices in my house.
Can I please have some help with this because it is driving me crazy, I am tempted to start breaking things soon for stress relief.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Esther
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Why does my internet keep dropping out?

Hi Rolly99, 

Have you tried the standard reset of your modem? if you have already and this isn't fixing the drop outs best to chat to our Tech support team on 133933 or via chat here http://tel.st/gq6m to troubleshoot further 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit