Level 1: Cadet

Why is my internet slow all of a sudden?!?

This problem comes and goes but it has been happening more and more frequently these days. My internet will be fine for a week or two and then for a few days and sometimes even a whole week it will slow down noticeably. I am sure it is not because I passed my capped limit because I never pass it and even checked just now and have only used 12% of it. So what can it be. I am on ADSL and when my internet is fine I average around 6 or 7 Mbps but right now I am getting like 4 or 5 Mbps. It is really annoying me because youtube videos buffer a lot and drop in quality, while I can normally play 720p videos with no buffering at all. And downloads are taking way longer then usual. i can normally download a 50 MB video in around 10 to 15 minutes but now downloading the same video is taking about an hour or more.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Why is my internet slow all of a sudden?!?

Hi Shariq,

Welcome to CrowdSupport. 

Have you noticed if it seems to slow down at particular times? Best team to help check the service for you is our tech support team, who are open 24/7.

Contact Technical Support however is most convenient for you.

Ivan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit