Level 2: Rookie

why is the Telstra -NBN section 'closed call back in business hours' been closed for over a week

I have not been able to contact Telstra NBN section to find out when the FTTC will be cut over in the pit. I was promised that this could be done to my existing co-ax internet wiring from the same pit to my house, but was sent the telephone type 'adaptor' !!

This is not the service I expected. I hope they are monitoring this site.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: why is the Telstra -NBN section 'closed call back in business hours' been closed for over a w

FTTC does not use Coax cable for connections. It is a copper telephone cable that comes from the pit to the house. Your NBN NTD then plugs into the phone socket and powers the Fibre-VDSL converter in the pit and your Modem plugs into the NBN NTD.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Re: why is the Telstra -NBN section 'closed call back in business hours' been closed for over a w

I agree, but who do I speak to about SOMEONE making the actual physical Fibre-VDSL converter connection.

I have been on my Telstra mobile APP since 11:00 am until 5:00 PM :

Telstra says that I am on the internet, but not that I am on their 3G backup system. 

the NBN device has not mde the commection to the pit.

NBN clearly shows that I am NOT connected to them.

Highlighted

OK I get that, but what is the answer to my original question ?

"Why is the Telstra -NBN section 'closed call back in business hours' been closed for over a week"

I needed to speak with a real person, as it is, I spent from 11:00 am this morning until almost 5:00 pm on my mobile phone texting on the MyTelstra App to be told that he/she could see that I was on the Internet "case closed" even though I could see on my PC that not only was I using the Telstra BACKUP  SYSTEM to access the Internet as my modem could not connect to the NBN.

To top it off, the NBN Network Status website clearly states that there is NO connection from the FTTC into my address/residence.

How do I get Telstra/NBN to make the physical connection ?

Highlighted

When your booking is made, you should received an SMS with the date/time that the NBN Co technician is due to come and connect your service.

When you chat to the Telstra consultant, you need to say that: "I am chasing my NBN connection order (insert order number) and the NBN technician has not arrived to connect my FTTC connection. My modem is currently running off the LTE backup service. Could you please advise me of when the technician is due to complete the connection, or if there is no booking in place, can you please rebook them."

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit