bobbydazzleryou
Level 2: Rookie

WI FI broadband constantly pauses/drops out ~ we are fed up!!

We are fed up with our WIFI broadband/email's dropping out. Broadband pauses/drops out almost constantly error msg says we are not connected which is incorrect because we are! We have been researching other ISP's. Woman Mad

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: WI FI broadband constantly pauses/drops out ~ we are fed up!!

Which type of broadband are you connected to? NBN, Cable, ADSL or Mobile? And what model Router are you using?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Hello,

Your issue has the classical symptoms of a neighbour using the same wifi channels.

Go into your modem and try using a different channel

If that does fix the issue, and you are using ADSL, please do an isolation test as per the link, and if that fails ring technical support on 133 933

Here are the links to do before ringing Telstra

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Internet-KB/How-to-perform-an-Isolation-Test/ta-p/550...

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband-KB/How-To-Troubleshoot-Speed-Issues/ta-p/27813...

Thanks

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Also worth trying the online troubleshooting if it is an ADSL/Cable connection:
http://telstra.com/fix
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

bobbydazzleryou
Level 2: Rookie

ADSL

DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you tried some of the suggestions that other members made @bobbydazzleryou ?

When you connect directly to the modem via Ethernet cables do you get a stable connection? This helps to eliminate if the wifi is the issue or the internet connection itself is experiencing difficulty.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit