Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Wi fi light not on smart modem cant access internet (NBN)

Haven't been able to access NBN  internet for almost a week now .. contacted telstra on line .. they have reset things their end . cant seem to find the problem. all lights accept for wi fi light is on on the modem. its a white sagecomm modem.. waiting on nbn co to come out but they havent turned up .. any advice be appreciated thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Wi fi light not on smart modem cant access internet (NBN)

If WiFi light is off there is a modem fault or the WiFi has been accidently turned off. Telstra support should have realized it is not a fault with the NBN but the modem. Have tried pressing WiFi button for a few seconds? The WiFi and WiFi light should turn on if modem is not faulty.

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Wi fi light not on smart modem cant access internet (NBN)

I can suggest that if it is possible to log into your modem to check see if you can reset the modem to default configuration. If that doesn't work and all your cables are properly connected see if the current firmware is publicly available (latest) to reprogram the unit overwriting the wifi software component. I suggest firmware that sometimes modems memory parity can fail stopping proper function. Most modems will allow reprogramming firmware software of latest release. Everything i suggested requires you have access to your modems login.

But I would firstly check to see if Wifi has been turned off Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit