Chloey
Level 1: Cadet

Wifi booster

I bought a Telstra wifi booster which guaranteed to fix black spots in my house.  After installing it, I got a text message from Telstra saying it has monitored its performance and can see it has not improved our wifi experience.  They asked if we’d like another. I agreed.  What I want to know is whether the second wifi hosted they apparently want to send me is in place of the first wifi booster they sent me or in addition to the first one.  Actually talking to them is impossible. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Wifi booster

They have a 'Wi-Fi guarantee" arrangement going on whereby they will give you up to 3 boosters I think - you can use them all.. so you don't need to send any back (up to 3 boosters plus your modem.

I have wondered whether the guarantee is for the customers benefit or Telstra Air use? and I'd be concerned about how they monitored that and what privacy settings are in place?  But I am a sceptic most of the time..  Smiley Happy

Never had any texts about my two boosters (which I purchased outright before the guarantee came into being)

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Wifi booster

The WiFi boosters don't Transmit Telstra Air or Fon.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit