Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

WiFi Booster

Hi, I recently purchased a Telstra wifi Booster as it promised to send out a Gen 2 Wi-Fi at no additional cost, As I have a Techni Colour I expected Telstra to send me a new wifi along with my booster. This did not happen , I attempted to set up  repeatedly thinking perhaps I did not need a Gen 2 wifi as one was not sent out as promised, this did not work. I have sent messages trying to sort this out through my Telstra but have received no response, I called to book an appointment with Tech Support at my local shop but was advised they would only be able to sell me a new one... Is this false advertising to promise a product but not deliver but charge for that product.. If I cannot communicate how do I get this resolved? Anyone please help as I am getting very frustrated and as an ex employee I am doing my very best not to.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: WiFi Booster

Hi @David701, I'd suggest speaking with our messaging team via the Telstra app so we can help you further with this. If they're unable to resolve, they will escalate this further for you.

To do that, open the Telstra app then tap the 'get help' tab at the bottom of the screen & you will see the blue speech bubble to 'Message Us'. While you will first speak with our virtual assistant Codi, follow the prompts & if they're unable to fix, they will put you through to a team member that can assist further if you type 'more help'. Make sure notifications are on within the Telstra app too, this way you can go about your day & reply further there when you get a response. Replies usually occur between 8am-8pm AEST.

If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Unfortunately I have done just that before writing my message four weeks ago and have used the same process you advised three or four times since with no response to any of my messages, so unfortunately I have had no option but to go to the Ombudsman for what amounts to false advertising and not responding to request for help ... Pity your bosses had no foresight when taking jobs from Australians and outsourcing overseas would leave the Company so inept to deal with any crisis should one arise, all the people sitting around Telstra Board Room table who gave the thumbs up to making Australians redundant and the greenlight to cheap overseas workers in Mumbai and Manilla should simply quit, but i'm sure they all got huge bonuses for there dirty work ......... Glad I got out of working for Telstra many years ago ... Looks like I may now need to find another carrier as well and try to find an Australian Telecommunications that does not reply so heavily on overseas IT support and overseas customer service.  To top things off both landlines have stopped working! Bills up to date, all other services working with the exception of Wi-Fi Booster, phones are not broken simply will not connect a call, as you would expect no explanation from telstra, im sure they will manage to charge me however. Your Disgruntled Customer

Highlighted

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

I can appreciate that, and we're working to get operations in our centres back to normal as soon as we can. There’s a longer wait time than usual for support via our phone numbers due to the current social distancing requirements, but staff who are able to work from home are doing so and we've hired 3,500 new team members across Australia to assist (https://tel.st/38x73). If a case has been raised with the Ombudsman they'll be liaising with us for a case manager to be assigned to follow up with you from there. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit