KM26
Level 1: Cadet

WiFi connection problem LG smart tv

Answered

I am having issues with WiFi connecting to both TVs in the home. It has been connected previously no problems, new issue has been happening since Tues ? There was network updates in my area and the issues have presented since this. 

LG smart tv can detect home WiFi, when I input the password it says it is connecting but then takes me to the screen to find a WiFi to connect to again (saying no wireless network connection). 
I have reset the nbn modem, turned off devices but still the same issue. I am also having issues with accessing internet and streaming through a Sony Bravia TV (issues started at same time). I can connect WiFi to mobile devices, however speed does seem a bit slower than usual.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: WiFi connection problem LG smart tv

Do you have the Arcadyan version off the Gen 2 modem (LH1000)? This modem is currently being updated with firmware version 0.09.11r. The firmware version is displayed on the LHS of the modem's log in page. If you have this firmware it might that which causing the problems as it might have been installed on Tuesday.

There are a few things you could try.

1. Disable band steering in modems 2.4 Ghz WiFi settings. This will result in t he two WiFi bands beging separated. -5G is added to the end of the 5 GHz WiFi band.
  2. Try another DNS in the modem (Advanced > Local Network). There is a drop down list of DNS providers. Change both IPv4 and IPv6 and save settings.
  3. As alast resort you could try turning of LAN IPv6 (Advanced > Local Network).

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
cf4

If you have a smart modem the slow speed and streaming issues might be due to modem being on 4G backup. If modem is on 4G back front light will be blue and Mobile mode light on back of modem will be green on Gen 2 modems and on Gen 1 modems online light on top off modem will be purple instead of green.

KM26

Thanks for the reply. The light on front of modem is green and the mobile light is orange. The Televisions I am having the issues with are connecting fine to personal hotspots so it seems my internet router may be blocking them/not connecting/unable to access. Have tried getting some answers from Telstra but no help so far. 

cf4
Accepted Solution

Do you have the Arcadyan version off the Gen 2 modem (LH1000)? This modem is currently being updated with firmware version 0.09.11r. The firmware version is displayed on the LHS of the modem's log in page. If you have this firmware it might that which causing the problems as it might have been installed on Tuesday.

There are a few things you could try.

1. Disable band steering in modems 2.4 Ghz WiFi settings. This will result in t he two WiFi bands beging separated. -5G is added to the end of the 5 GHz WiFi band.
  2. Try another DNS in the modem (Advanced > Local Network). There is a drop down list of DNS providers. Change both IPv4 and IPv6 and save settings.
  3. As alast resort you could try turning of LAN IPv6 (Advanced > Local Network).

View solution in original post

KM26

I haven’t been able to find out what firmware version is on it - however changed the DNS and the Smart TV is now able to connect!! Thank you very much!! Is it secure having a DNS that isn’t the default/Telstra? (Sorry I’m not really tech savvy and have no idea about any of this). 

cf4

Yes it is secure using a non Telstra DNS. Telstra would not have included them on the modem if they were not safe.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit